T25

i have been doing T25 exercise program for the third week starting today. I've lost no weight, and I've been eating a lot better than I used to. I get through the workouts ok, but today I just sucked and had to quit at the end because my body was just not handiling it. I was almost hyperventilating. I try my best but is it ok to fail? Even though I'm always telling myself keep going and I still do my workout every day? I feel if I fail once in a while or don't keep up the pace of the workouts that I will get nowhere but maybe I'm just being too much of a perfectionist? Will I be ok if I continue to try my best even if I stumble upon a few failures? This is my first time I had to quit early on in the workout. I only had 3 minutes to go :/

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    It's ok to fail. SOme days you've got it and it's easy, others... you don't have it at all. It's ok to have setbacks... just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go back to it the next scheduled day.

Eat enough food, get plenty of rest, and work hard. At times it's the food and the rest that's far more important than the exercise... and it is possible to work too hard. Speaking as a lifter, if I don't take rest days, I will actually see strength losses because my body cannot repair the damaged muscle tissue as fast as I can destroy it.

Be just hard enough on yourself... not too hard.
  • JayGutierrez2015
    JayGutierrez2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks so much! I'll focus on keeping my head in the game and to not let set backs pull me down too much. I plan to go into lifting eventually but I am trying to tone out my body and build good cardio and strength. Thanks again!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    I'm on T 25 gamma. You're doing great. You don't need to keep up with the pros you see on your TV screen. I take breaks if I really need to. I bought a HR monitor and discovered that when I was working out really hard I was exceeding my top end heart rate! Not good. I also take a day off once a week. Gamma is great for upper body and uses a lot of weights, which you start in Beta. I am also interested in weight lifting but am going through the DVDs first.
  • It's ok that you had to stop! Your doing great! Your not failing! A bad workout is better than no workout! Feel free to add me!