Try pinterest!
  • krbaggett
    krbaggett Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ok tks
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Try the Mississippi roast - Google for the recipe. It's really good!

I'm not crazy about chicken in the crock pot, I think it drys it out too much, but there is one recipe I like, it's 2-3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 envelope good seasons dressing, 4oz cream cheese. Cook on low 3-4 hours until the chicken is cooked through. To make it a bit healthier I add a diced onion and a small can of mushrooms. We eat it over rice, but pasta would be good too.

Just about any soup recipe is excellent in the crock pot. Google taco soup - that's a good one.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste has a whole section of crock pot recipes: skinnytaste.com/2007/07/crock-pot-recipes.html

Also, maybe try googling "low calorie crock pot recipes".
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Take a look at Debbie's Crockpot Chili on food.com.
    I just finished preparing and it smells really good.
    Easy. 20-30 min to make. 6-8 hours on low.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    http://www.laaloosh.com/2013/05/14/crock-pot-chicken-philly-cheese-steak-recipe/
    I'm making this tonight. Definitely look on Pinterest.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste has a whole section of crock pot recipes: skinnytaste.com/2007/07/crock-pot-recipes.html

Also, maybe try googling "low calorie crock pot recipes".

Thanks for this ... my husband and I just got our first crock pot together, and have been looking for recipes. :)

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    A friend sent me this link too ...

http://greatist.com/health/healthy-crock-pot-recipes
  • JustCristina
    JustCristina Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    Try the Mississippi roast - Google for the recipe. It's really good!

I'm not crazy about chicken in the crock pot, I think it drys it out too much, but there is one recipe I like, it's 2-3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 envelope good seasons dressing, 4oz cream cheese. Cook on low 3-4 hours until the chicken is cooked through. To make it a bit healthier I add a diced onion and a small can of mushrooms. We eat it over rice, but pasta would be good too.

Just about any soup recipe is excellent in the crock pot. Google taco soup - that's a good one.

I made this one ^^^^ But used cream of mushroom instead of the cream of chicken and I added minced garlic it was delicious...
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Take a pound of boneless beef ribs, cut them in half, season with salt and pepper, throw them in the crockpot with a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and some garlic, then cook on low for pretty much all day. When it gets to the point of falling apart, it's also been infused with even more deliciousness!

There's also a lot of good recipies online, try checking out some recipe sites and see what comes up.
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love my Set it and Forget It Light cook book. I automatically add extra seasonings. There are some great meals in there!
  • Soapytime
    Soapytime Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Take a look at budgetbytes.com. I love the ham and bean soup and the Rosemary garlic beef stew.