Endometriosis

Options
Apparently diet & fitness helps so I'm willing to try anything ...
Anyone else out there going through the same thing ... Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Mine might have been too crazy for diet to help, but progesterone does ;) I take the bio-identical Rx kind called Prometrium. It still hurts like crazy without pain meds during that time of the month, but it's so much better!
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Diet helps me, I find I have much less pain when I limit sugary stuff. I can't exercise around that time of the month though because its brings on pain.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I never noticed a benefit from diet/exercise but I just recently had thermal endometrial ablation. Doesn't get rid of the cramping of cycles but no more menstration. Not everyone has success but it was worth it for me.
  • marshellamae
    marshellamae Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I recently (9-11-15) had Ablation done. It has helped with cycle but I still have cramping. I haven't noticed diet/exercise making a difference.
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had the ablation in april 2015 but it did not work so i will have a hysterectomy in December. Can't wait.
  • morazacs1991
    morazacs1991 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have endometriosis and was diagnosed last year when I had to have a soft ball sized cyst removed. It wasn't through my physician but by accident I noticed on a month to month basis my symptoms waxed and waned. Anyways I'm almost 30 pounds down and even though my monthly visitor still is a pretty heavy flow; I will say pain is practically non existent to where it was.
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I had the ablation in april 2015 but it did not work so i will have a hysterectomy in December. Can't wait.

Good luck! It was the best thing ever for me.
  • BrandyR410
    BrandyR410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will be having an ablation done November 16th. I hope I'm successful with it. Didn't know the cramping would still exist