looking for some support thru this journey

Options
Hi I'm danielle a single mother of two amazing boys. I had lost about 160 lbs but gained a little over 50 back when I went thru a very bad depression. I'm trying to get back on the horse and stay on it! However its hard when you don't have much support. So I'd really appreciate some tips and pointers maybe some encouraging words

Replies

• TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I thought I replyed to this. Am I losing it? I did not get much sleep last night... Thanks for befriending me!
  • daniet23
    daniet23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No lol I posted in two catagories... I just realized this app had this feature so I'm still learning it! No problem thanks for stepping forward and responding to my posts
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 4 year old girl & also went through a bout of horrible depression, so I understand the struggle! Add me as a friend...I "like" posts & also reply to statuses & PMs. We can encourage each other!
  • daniet23
    Options
    Sounds great thank u for ur support!! I really appreciate it!
  • KristineArden
    KristineArden Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    daniet23 wrote: »
    Hi I'm danielle a single mother of two amazing boys. I had lost about 160 lbs but gained a little over 50 back when I went thru a very bad depression. I'm trying to get back on the horse and stay on it! However its hard when you don't have much support. So I'd really appreciate some tips and pointers maybe some encouraging words

Hi,
    I need to lose about 100 lbs, have a son with autism, am married, and struggle with depression. I take antidepressants and my psychiatrist has been encouraging me to exercise for a number of years--so I'll feel better, lose weight, and he can reduce / taper me off of them. I just haven't been able to push myself to get moving for the longest time. Until now:)
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • starshellc
    starshellc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you daniet23 And boricua3177. I have a 4 year old as well. I am sure we can motivate each other.
  • daniet23
    Options
    I'm sure we can :)
  • gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    we are the same I had lost over 170 pounds but found myself slipping back into my old habits. Its frustrating, this time around it seems so hard to lose. I eat and watch my calories so close, I just need that extra level of support and motivation. Feel free to add me anyone!!! these thirty pounds have to go.
  • determined2bfit13
    determined2bfit13 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi! That's a lot of weight you lost congrats. All you have to do is stop feeling bad for yourself don't get stuck on the past and start moving! Don't stop till you get where you want to be. Yell at yourself if you have too LOL!! Come on you can do it!!!!
  • Jdkbs
    Jdkbs Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching out. Be gentle with yourself and continue with your weight loss efforts. You can do it. Have faith in yourself, I have faith in you. You are not alone on your journey. Success will be yours!

• daniet23
    Options
    Thank u so much for the support its really appreciated!!
  • daniet23
    Options
    gsbanks1 wrote: »
    we are the same I had lost over 170 pounds but found myself slipping back into my old habits. Its frustrating, this time around it seems so hard to lose. I eat and watch my calories so close, I just need that extra level of support and motivation. Feel free to add me anyone!!! these thirty pounds have to go.

Well we can support each other!! It seems we relate to each other being that we are in similar situations I'm going to send u a friend request
  • Songbird61377
    Songbird61377 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment! Add me, we can support one another :smile:
  • tashlm123
    tashlm123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm after support also. I suffer from depression myself daily and Understand the struggles that go along with it. Always willing to support and help motivate others ☺️
  • KristineArden
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well and moving forward
  • KristineArden
    Options
    So I havent exercised in two days and today I didn't start logging my food until 8pm. I feel tired...started coughing and just feeling yucky. I decided to take my temperature and it's 101.2 so That would explain it...I hope going to bed early helps:) here's to a great week for everyone!
  • amberewen83
    amberewen83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Single mother of two girls and struggled w depression too. I need to lose 50lbs. Thank you for being open and offering support to others.
  • KristineArden
    Options
    Hi. Single mother of two girls and struggled w depression too. I need to lose 50lbs. Thank you for being open and offering support to others.

Keep coming back to MyFitnessPal :smiley: you can do it!
  • Melgibbs
    Melgibbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm the mom of a 5 year old. I know the feeling of losing and then gaining it back. I am back on track now and determined to do this. I have a little on who is looking up to me. :) I'm going to add you so we can help each other stay on track. I'm open to anyone adding me as I feel we all need extra motivation now and then. :)