The over 40 crowd

Options
Hello MFPers! I am starting this thread in the hopes that we can get more 40s and 50s to post and be added as friends. It's great having friends of all ages, but the challenges are different for us when we get older. If you can relate, add your name and lets start working together and sharing ideas.

Replies

• primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    46 here, married mom of 1 with about 20lbs to lose. I have to work much harder at it now than I did when I was younger. Could use more support and accountability.
  • Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    43 here and about to run my very first marathon this weekend. After that its back to the gym and tightening up the diet
  • cassiecamp1
    cassiecamp1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am 42, married with two children. I have been trying to change my lifestyle for many years and just couldn't stick to the changes. I need to lose 40 pounds to reach my goal and I am ready to work on my goal. I hope to remain inspired and motivated throughout this journey!!!
  • shalonda01
    shalonda01 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am 41, single mom with three kids. I am trying to loose 50lbs. I really need the support and motivation as well to help be reach my goal.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm going to be 45 in December. I'm a Mom of two and I'm back on MFP to lose the 14lbs I gained back after hitting my goal weight last year. I've always struggled with weight loss...or should I say weight gain. I have very little trouble losing the weight if I just log accurately and exercise moderately (mostly walking).

So here we go again. I'm just getting back into routine and trying to get my appetite down to a reasonable level. I leave for a vacation in ten days and I want to get good practices in place before I go. No unrealistic weight loss goals before the trip, but a couple of pounds and less bloating would be nice.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I will be 43 in December. I have two kids and am going through a divorce, which is causing a lot of stress and depression. Not because of the divorce itself but just wanting the process to finally end, I think the depression is more about not being able to get on with my life. I hit my goal weight recently and am trying to not let my mood affect the way I eat. So maintaining while managing depression without stress eating is my goal right now. Working on tweaking my diet, and really should get back to the gym or working out at home but just haven't felt up to it. I have made a lot of friends on MFP but they seem to drop off after a couple months. Looking for friends who may be in this for a while, please feel free to add me.
  • LeeMay63
    LeeMay63 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 and after losing my only child have gained weight due to my medications and severe depression. Hoping to lose at least 30 lbs.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    hiya, i'm 44 single mother of 3 grown up children. Trying to lose 80ish lbs :) xx
  • LJT253
    LJT253 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    3 weeks off 40 x
  • SunnyCyndie
    SunnyCyndie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 45 and looking to lose about 20lbs. I am already very active, but need to get serious about how much I'm eating! Could use support! Also, is there a way to do a personal journal on this site?
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Matt, 43. About two months in to MFP. Started at 263, currently 240ish with a goal to get back to 200
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    47. We can all use more friends, right?!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Just hit 41!!! :D
    I lost about 23 pounds and have been working on recomp for several months now. Will probably start running a bulk in November.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 this year, happy to join the 40+ club. Let's all make sure our 40s and 50s are healthier than our 20s and 30s!
  • littlemissorange
    littlemissorange Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    pamsue13 wrote: »
    46 here, married mom of 1 with about 20lbs to lose. I have to work much harder at it now than I did when I was younger. Could use more support and accountability.
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    I turned 40 this year, happy to join the 40+ club. Let's all make sure our 40s and 50s are healthier than our 20s and 30s!

• littlemissorange
    littlemissorange Posts: 19 Member
    Options
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... 47 and feel better now than ever