Bob Harper's Kettlebell Workout

Options
Okay. Target had a really good deal on the Bob Harper Inside Out Method Kettlebell Cardio Shred, so I purchased it. Have any of you tried it? What type of results are you getting? I watched it through once and thought that doesn't look so bad. Then I tried it. OMG, it's sooo intense. I lasted all of 5 minutes. I'm still sweating profusely as I type this. I think I did about 200 squats in those few minutes (could be exaggerating, but it sure felt like it). What are your thoughts???

Replies

• Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    *bump* I'd like to hear more about it as well.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Hey can you tell me if that is a workout that guys could do to? I saw an infomercial for Kettleworx but they only had a few guys doing it. Not that I am too manly for it but I am just curious if it is designed for women only
  • ThickNThunda
    ThickNThunda Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It looks like it would be great for men. He's one of the personal trainers on the Biggest Loser.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have this workout. I have done it once and it was hard! I enjoyed it though...need to do it again soon! LOL!! Enjoy it!
  • guppyhaven
    guppyhaven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell workouts rock! However, the Bob Harper DVD's are tough, so you might want to try a beginner level DVD.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    cool thx
  • davidsadler86
    Options
    Rkps kettlercise just for men DVD is great, I've noticed more definition since I've been doing that routine. Theres a ladies version too. I think the website is kettlebell seminars or something along those lines
  • ms_magiana
    ms_magiana Posts: 11
    Options
    I have the Bob Harper Kettlebell workout -- the one that comes with a kettlebell. I purchased his 20 lb. KB at Target. I've done some KB classes at the gym, just intro stuff really. I've been 'working out' since January, spin classes, pilates, etc., so I feel like I'm in "decent" shape.... I'm getting there. By no means done, but not a beginner.

I was SO SORE after doing Bob's workout one time. I am dreading doing it again. Although I know the 1st time is usually the toughest.

I've been reading up on kettle bell form --- and several experts say you do not need to squat so low when you are doing Kettlebell swings. I feel like Bob has you squatting quite a bit. But some of the pros I've seen on YouTube videos bend at the waist (stick your rear backwards) but only slightly bend the knees.

WOMEN -- check Delaine Ross or Lauren Brooks on YouTube. Lauren distinguishes a "swing" from a "squat."

I think the next time I do Bob's DVD I am not going to squat as low as he says.... and save my quads a bit. When you squat slightly (not all the way) you work your hips, hamstrings, and core more and do not burn out your quads so quickly.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    What size KB are you using? If you've never done it before, I would recommend starting with a small one. I started w/ a 5lb. (KettleWorx) and I'm glad I did. Now I'm up to a 10 lb. with very few problems. Good luck!
  • kd10680
    kd10680 Posts: 31
    Options
    I bought the 10lb kettlebell yesterday from Target and this was a great compliment to my cardio...I will def buy more kettlebells and continue this workout!
  • tinamwilson
    Options
    I just bought Jillian Michael's kettlebell 3 weight set, 5, 10 & 15#'s from Walmart. Was under $40. for the set. have her DVD ...Shred With Kettlebells. You can also use free weights with this workout. I was able to do the beginning level with no problem at all.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    I started out using Jillian's kettlebell shred but ordered Lauren Brooks' kettlebell online and have been doing it ever since. I'm currently using a 15 lb bell and am hoping to move up to a 20 pretty soon. The workout is a great mix of cardio and strength with emphasis on the latter. I've seen some great definition overall, especially in my core area. Abs are peeking out! Lauren is certified and uses proper form which is especially important when doing KBs.
  • dawbygirl
    dawbygirl Posts: 19
    Options
    Yeah, watch out for using Jillian Michaels as a model for proper form. She does NOT use the kettlebell correctly and changes the names of the classic moves for no discernible reason.
  • Italiandoglover
    Options
    I started doing Kettlebell workouts almost exclusively for my major weight training days, and I will tell you the results are nothing short of spectacular. I have not seen Bob's video yet but I ordered them just to see what he does. I have been using the Skogg System by Michael Skogg and Art of Strength Providence and Newport Kettlbell workouts. I def recommend using a Kettlebell lighter than you think to start to gain the basic fundamentals, than as your form and strength increase, vary the weights to go for the desired results. On strength days, I do the Art of Strength video's with heavier kettlbells, and on cardio days I have been doing Skogg system with lighter kettlebells. Kettlebell workouts are always total body, you can burn as much as 1200 calories an hour, and this is by doing both cardio and weight training at same time. I wish you luck, and enjoy the spectacular results you will accomplish with them. I have dropped about 12lb in last month and 2" off my waist just do to the kettlebell routines.