Expired protein shakes???

I have a serious question, and I'm relatively new to protein shakes and powder so you'll have to forgive my ignorance. But my friend sells Shakeology, and gave me a great sample pack of flavors, but I haven't used them all and it says they expired in March.
Can I still drink them? I've gotten a few yes's from friends who use powder, but I still wasn't sure. Any advice is appreciated!!

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Does it say expired or sell by?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2015
    Double check this but I understand the expiration date usually indicates that the sellers can not sell it past that date...

Would I drink a liquid past the date, probably after I check it for separation and consistency. Protein powder probabaly yes after I make sure the powder is not clumpy or smelly and if all is ok how it mixes in water and also milk (my preference is cashew unsweetend silk)..
  • dnmoehring
    dnmoehring Posts: 64 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »
    It's fine.

However....whatever you do....don't let your friend convince you to part with $130 of your hard earned money every month to buy that stuff. Totally not worth it.

That's why I asked on here. I don't want to ask since I don't want to be prompted to buy anything, which sounds mean, but I got all of these free. So I'd like to use them if I can! Thank you!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Use them, enjoy them, you're not gonna get sick or die. At worst, it could be slightly stale, but I doubt it. Even fresh food usually can be used well past "the date" because there is a margin of error built in.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Check for smell clumpy ness pilly ness. If so no go!