110 lbs left to lose, looking for motivated buddies so I am not in this alone

Options
Hi! Opted out of the surgical weight loss and decided to do this the old fashioned way. I am currently following a diabetic diet and trying to follow a regular exercise regime. It's hard because I don't have much support, I have to do most of these activities and food planning/cooking on my own. I have tried to get people to go out with me to do walking, hiking etc. to no avail. I get applause about the meals I cook but complaints about the food budget because cooking healthy costs more than junk food. especially when you are cooking for 6 people. I could really use some buddies and support, positive motivation. I of course will do the same. I am always trying to stay positive. Thanks for reading. Mj.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking for 7! I also lost 110 lbs with this app. You can do this. Add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • williesch
    williesch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in it with you ... I also have that much to loose .... Cheers to us. And I completely dont understand my calorie intake ... I am really feeling demotivated today
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    Good for you for doing this on your own. Feel free to add me. I started with 131 pounds to lose and I have 94 pounds to go :)
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am here to lose 90 pounds. Add me I will cheer you on!
  • HuskyHiker413
    HuskyHiker413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85 so far this year and have at least 45 more to lose. Please feel free to add me! (that goes for anyone)
  • Shabdrums
    Shabdrums Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to loose. I'm hungry all the time. I've cut out soda, and candy as well.
  • juneanng1
    juneanng1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have just started back on MFP after a total hip replacement. Looking to find buddies as well. I see your point on the healthy food. I think the key thing is planning, which I just get no help with from my family (cooking for 4). My husband and I both work, but he can't even do the dishes after I prep and cook a healthy dinner. There's a reason why we had resorted to pizza delivery before...lol. But now, I am taking back our lives and trying to plan. Any tips are helpful. Plus, I would love to hear more about your diabetic eating plan...that will help us as well.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Menu planning and freezer meal planning.
    emeals.com
    livingwellspendingless.com has 7 different menus to make 5 meals in an hour that are freezer friendly (5 meals of 8 servings, 10 meals of 4 servings)