Supportive Hubby!

Options
I recently started my journey to a heathier me. I joined the gym and with the help of mfp, really started watching what I eat. If you make the right choices, 1300 calories is a lot of food!

My husband kind of laughed at first (I DON"T like to move!), but every day he would ask if I went to the gym and how far I walked. He was showing an interest! Today I told him I was down another 2 lbs, for a total of 8 in just under 2 weeks. And he said "I can tell. Good for you."

Now let's face it, 8 lbs with 82 to go is not really noticable. So I thought he was teasing me again. But he said that he really could tell...the difference wasn't so much with appearance but with my mood and attitude. I was happier, and he noticed the difference. Then he said the sweetest thing..."I don't care if you lose weight or not, I love you. But I do care that you are happier, so keep up the good work."

Maybe all those miles on the treadmill are worth it after all!

Replies

• MsMe79
    MsMe79 Posts: 54
    Options
    Awww your husband sounds as wonderful as mine!

good luck with your journey!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Awwww! Congratulate yourself for picking out a winner. Good luck to you on the rest of your journey.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My hubby is also very supportive - I am very blessed aswell for this. It really helps to have someone tell you on a daily basis how well you are doing :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    aw that is so sweet!!! My hubby is supportive to a point lol.. but I dont think he understands because he isnt going through it himself. You know how some men are... you gotta tell them what to say lol :tongue:

btw congrats on losing 8 lbs thus far :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Thats a good man! And you know what, he's probably right! When you start to lose weight, you just feel more confident...and confidence is one of the most attractive qualities in a person. If you feel good about yourself, it affects your whole life! Congrats on the 8lbs by the way!
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That's great! A supportive husband can make all the difference :)

Katie
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Oh, phew someone else brags on their partner, too!

I am so happy for you and your hubby sounds wonderful!!
  • daniwilson13
    daniwilson13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on choosing such an awesome guy!!! He sounds like a sweetheart. I gotta say tho, I've been counting calories and such on mfp for a while now but never been as committed to it and to working out as I am now that my husband is doing it with me!! We get on the elliptical and high five each other as we hit our mile stones. I love him. He's truly an amazing man and I thank God for him.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! And congrats on the weight loss!!!
  • EDCoffman
    EDCoffman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know having the support of my husband really helps. He too told me I was beautiful when I was at my biggest and doesn't really care if I lose weight, but he knows when I lose weight I'm happier and more energetic. Congrats on the 8 lbs.:flowerforyou:
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    He is a great guy, most of the time!:laugh:

We've been married 30 years, and have 5 children and one beautiful, wonderful, brilliant granddaughter (who will be 3 in July)!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    That is terrific. And while we can do this without support, that level of unconditional support can be a HUGE boost!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    that's great!!! i think it is awesome....keep up the great work.....you will be a totally different woman at the end
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My BF is very supportive. He measures and cooks all of my food for me! I have tried to lose weight many other times in which he didnt really care one way or the other. This time I decided if I was going to succeed I would need his help! He loves to cook so I decided to challenge him. I challenged to cook healthy for me so I could do this. He has embraced this challenge full force. He measures and cooks everything. He has even started eating a little healthier. He doesnt need to lose weight as he is 6'6" and 160lbs. But he needs to be healthier. It is so much easier and I credit a lot of my success to his willingness to help me. Glad I see that others have support also!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!