Kettlebells

Options
Is anyone working out with Kettlebells? If so what results have you seen?

Replies

• KaraStara
    KaraStara Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi

I did a kettlebell session last week and it mainly worked my legs and back. It certainly has good results as its a combination of weight and cardio, but I'm not sure if it's slightly too harsh for me personally.

Have you tried them? How did you find them? I've heard very good things, but I think you need a class to get started on them.

Kara

p.s. this is my very first post so please be nice :-)
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Tank Top Arms DVD by Golds Gym using a 10lb kettlebell. I love it. I had started the DVD using 5lb hand weights. I was able to do it and then JM's Ripped in 30. Using the kettlebell, I feel worn out. My arms and shoulders are sore for the first time. The added weight and balance seem to make a huge difference.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    We use the kettlebells often in our Crossfit classes, and once a week I'll do Jillian's Shred It with Weights with a 15lb kb. I wouldn't use it as my only form of resistance training, but it is a nice addition.
  • erin1414
    erin1414 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have used Kettlebells before but never for an extended amount of time. I want to change up my routine of P90X to add something different. I just bought Lauren Brooks Kettlebell DVD's. I am using a 15LB KB
  • erin1414
    erin1414 Posts: 18
    Options
    Ok so I did Kathy Smith Kettle Bells yesterday (go it with the kettlebells i bought) and it was not intense enough. I had to do P90X after just to burn calories...anyone know of a good kettlebell workout DVD?
  • ms_magiana
    ms_magiana Posts: 11
    Options
    Erin -- I have started doing kettlebell workouts --- for the past 6 weeks or so, usually just once a week. I did this at my gym as part of a combo-class (KBs were just part of the class). I loved them so I bought one to use at home.

I have gotten compliments on my hips shrinking... butt lifting, etc. I have noticed my quads and hamstrings are more toned. Lumps and such are going away. (not yet gone, but going away!)

I love the workout with KBs -- the combining of strength and cardio.

Let us know how you like Lauren Brooks' workout. I want to get her first one!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have used KettleWorx since last November and I love it! I started w/ a 5 lb., moved to a 7 lb. and now I'm transitioning to a 10 lb. I had been doing a lot of Zumba since last August and lost about 20 lbs. It wasn't until I added KettleWorx that people would stop me and say "How much weight have you lost?" I really notice it in my arms and core. Very glad I bought it!