Ladies over 50 & menopausal trying to lose weight!

Options
I am 52 & in full menopause & losing weight now isn't as easy as it was a few years ago! I have discovered throughout my life that I am an emotional eater. January 15, 2015 I weighed 201 lbs & felt disgusted and ashamed & wanted to hide from the world! Tired of feeling that way I joined Herbal Magic and by June 30/15 had lost 19 lbs but then quit Herbal Magic due to cost. I then gained back 7.7 lbs and yesterday decided to get back on the diet and finish this journey on my own program of eating right! I could use some diet buddies facing the same challenges i do, and we can give support & encouragement to each other daily! I still have roughly 30 lbs to lose and am going to do it by God!!! Please friend me if this story relates to yours!

Replies

• kelwynn
    kelwynn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Maryanne!

I'm 51 and about 30-40 pounds overweight, too. You're right, it's harder after menopause! MFP has been helping me because it forces me to really track my food intake carefully. Once I started to weigh and measure everything I eat, I started to see pounds come off more quickly.

Good luck as you restart your weight loss journey and I'll send you a friend request!

Karyn
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and I am right there with you. I am really tired at the end of the workday and have a very hard time then. Too tired to spend much effort cooking. Everyone says to make meals for the week on the weekend but I am too busy catching up on housework and family things to do that. So.... I am great on my calories until dinner and then I mess up. I don't really snack just eat food that is easy.
  • jtyogabba
    jtyogabba Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How do I join this group please!