Hey!

allybally6
allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hey I'm Alex,

I recently graduated from college and will be starting my new job soon. My company is notorious for making people gain weight

ie lots of free pastries catered in dinner etc, so I want to have a good structure before I start. I'd like to lose about 30 pounds and

start shopping for my professional wardrobe. I need to be held accountable otherwise I'll eat everything around me. I recently

discovered I'm an emotional eater so I hope to conquer that too. Ummm yea so if anyone needs support I'm here to help and hope

you'll do the same :smile:

Replies

• gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Hi ally. Welcome! I think I understand. I worked at a catering company one summer during college, and packed on a number of pounds.

I have about 25 to lose, so our goals are similar.
  • allybally6
    Hey Yeah I understand. Good luck with your goal!
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Free pastries and catered in dinner every night?!?! Where on earth do you work? I only dream of my company doing something like that.
  • gnat45
    Have you done any of the shopping for the wardrobe, or are you waiting to lose more?
  • kroman911
    kroman911 Posts: 11
    Trust me....I know your pain. I am in a job that expects people to bring in "presents" like pies, cookies, ice cream, donuts, pizza and then on top of it, expect to sit in a chair for 12 hours. I have found my happy medium so far. If someone brings the "presents".....respectfully decline and grab an apple. Pastries are the enemy. They are full of processed sugar, fruits, carbs, fat, cholesterol (omg, im having a panic attack hahah!) If people give you crap for it (like my work does) just say "I'm trying to make sure my valued work is prolonged here and not cut short from pigging out". I usually get laughed at after that, but it gets them off your back :) If you are offered dinner, just make sure you choose wisely. You can still enjoy eating out, but just opt for the smaller meal. Do your nutritional research if the restaurant offers it online before you pick. Your body will thank you for it.
  • allybally6
    @TAWoody well it's not every night but when it's busy that can be the norm and I'm sure they're not healthy foods plenty of pasta pizza etc :angry:

@gnat45 I've done a little shopping but I'm waiting until I lose more weight to shop for more. I did good today so maybe I'll go looking tomorrow. Have you?

@kroman911 Thanks for the advice! I also heard another person that worked at my job would portion her "treats" out in 1/4s and make them last but we'll see. Do you always go for salads when dinners are catered in or are there other options? I don't want to be the wierd new person who doesn't eat all the company has to offer but I'd also like to be able to fit my new wardrobe :smile:
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Nice to have you here!
  • allybally6
    Thanks! I'm really glad to be here
  • gnat45
    I haven't lost much weight weight. I had lost some over the winter, and have been maintaining since, but even that was only a few lbs. So, I'm not ready for shopping yet.
This discussion has been closed.