My progress - Apologies for the topless pictures

Options
cyzimojltsu2.jpeg
lxesyzj3hh1m.jpeg

The first picture was taken in 2014 but that's how big I was in March 2015. 7 months on and I've lost 51lbs and currently weigh 201lbs. Another 12lbs and then the task of toning and maintaining my weight.

i didn't try to do too much too soon. Concentrated on my calorie intake for the first 5 months with a little exercise here and there and now I'm using an app for my exercise.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Nothing too crazy is the way to do it!!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your thread title will attract all the guys. :D
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I just saw the world topless...nice progress.
  • wezaddison01
    wezaddison01 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Haha I didn't really think that one through. Thanks guys
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    raw

// Great progress though.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And never apologize for going topless. I don't! (Just kidding). :)
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Height?
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Damn!! Not what I was hoping for!! ;)
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Haha, I was going to suggest this post title just be "Topless Pics, 51 pounds lost."

Congratulations! Whatever works best for you!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    You should've said sorry not sorry for the topless pics. Great work!!
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Hahahaha, I thought the same thing! :lol:

I thought it was gonna be more along the lines of nipples censored out, but showing everything else. I am interested in that type of before/after because I am curious about what happens to a lot of womens' breasts when they lose weight. I am worried about what will happen to my own! :open_mouth:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Hahahaha, I thought the same thing! :lol:

I thought it was gonna be more along the lines of nipples censored out, but showing everything else. I am interested in that type of before/after because I am curious about what happens to a lot of womens' breasts when they lose weight. I am worried about what will happen to my own! :open_mouth:

Starts by showing the before pictures now.
  • wezaddison01
    Options
    6ft 2inch
  • wezaddison01
    Options
    ray3flxvg3yi.png
    lokg2y04fuss.png

Haha censored now. That's what it would look like!!!
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm also 74" tall and started out in the 250s. I'm down to 238 after 5 weeks eating a daily average of 1750 calories. Activity level set to sedentary (desk job) and getting a little exercise. I probably need to bump up my base activity level because I'm pretty active around the house and it appears I'm at a deficit over 1000 calories. I'm going to start lifting when I get under 220. What was your calorie intake, and did you change it as you approached 200?
  • pippypuppy
    pippypuppy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Laughing due to all the humour. Nice to have a light hearted thread.

Congrats on your loss! Excellent progress :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ray3flxvg3yi.png
    lokg2y04fuss.png

Haha censored now. That's what it would look like!!!

Your censorship skills are awesome!

I see you are getting a lot of disappointed men.

Great work! Congrats on your loss. You look fab :smile:
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have to admit I looked because I thought "No Way"! "Not on MFP!!" but I congratulate you and you WERE my husbands size so I have a frame of reference! Great Job!!
  • wezaddison01
    Options
    ModernRock wrote: »
    I'm also 74" tall and started out in the 250s. I'm down to 238 after 5 weeks eating a daily average of 1750 calories. Activity level set to sedentary (desk job) and getting a little exercise. I probably need to bump up my base activity level because I'm pretty active around the house and it appears I'm at a deficit over 1000 calories. I'm going to start lifting when I get under 220. What was your calorie intake, and did you change it as you approached 200?

I was initially 252lbs. My initial calorie limit was 1900 as I didn't want to set myself up for a fail if it was too low for me. I kept that up for 6 months. I found I lost 14lbs in the first 4 weeks, then another 14lbs after a further 2 months and then another 14lbs after a further 3 months.
    In the last month or so I reduced my calorie intake to 1700 per day and incorporated more exercise into my daily life. Previously I didn't do too much, I'd do some walking or an occasional jog or I'd join the misses when she was doing her 15 minute workout DVD (with the curtains closed due to my embarrassment.haha). The workout I do now is using the Fitstar app which works alongside Myfitnesspal. I've always given up when going to the gym and just don't have the time to go so with this app it's perfect for doing things at home or if I get a free 30 minutes at work. I've even went as far getting the premium version as it's brilliant. Anyway less of me sounding like a salesman for Fitstar.haha

I wanted to let you know about my steady progress as at times I felt like I was hitting a brick wall but now looking at the progress it was always going to take longer to lose more weight after the initial loss and I think it's important to remind others of that because it would have been too easy to give up.

Great progress Modernrock and it would be great to keep in touch with your progress as we sound like the similar build.
  • wezaddison01
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    I have to admit I looked because I thought "No Way"! "Not on MFP!!" but I congratulate you and you WERE my husbands size so I have a frame of reference! Great Job!!

Thank you. I've never been a frame of reference before. First time for anything.haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!