Sugar vs. Sports; Whom do I love more?

Options
I have been carrying more fat than I'd like since I was a teenager. I am 27 and at 30% bodyfat at last measurement. I like being active and doing outdoorsy stuff. I hate that the extra fat I'm carrying puts me at a disadvantage for performance and slows me down. In the past I have gotten quite obsessive when I've tried to lose weight so I'm hoping I can start something more sustainable especially using this app to do the maths so I spend less mental energy obsessing about food and get on with the business of living.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's very easy to become obsessive over this - I regularly have to remind myself to take it easy on myself.
    You can reach your goals but remember to be kind to yourself and make it sustainable.

Wishing the best of luck :)
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yes!! i hear you. i'm about 20 lbs over and i know its messing with me on the court. i can't run a full game on full energy.. and i hate that when i giving in to my tiredness --- i hate it. working on getting faster and i figure that the weight will come off simultaneously
  • crusherunswathed
    crusherunswathed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks PinkPixiexox and same to you! You're dead right! Self compassion is so important when we're trying to change the way we do things.

Definitely lemonychild! It can only help and I do feel lucky to have found activities I love. For me the big love in rock climbing but it's served as a gateway to other sports and I've started a course in Health and Fitness. I actually bought myself a basketball the other day just so I can have a little play in the park at shooting hoops. Being a short *kitten* and not the best runner I can't imagine I'll ever excel at it but endorphins and added time spent outdoors can't be a bad thing! Wishing you all the luck and psyche on your journey! :)