does any one have a good salmon pattie recipe

gmann1973
gmann1973 Posts: 247
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
I want to try something new, anybody got a good salmon pattie recipe

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    I don't have measurements of any thing but I bet if you played around with it you could figure it out but this is what we put...

salmon (of course)
    tofu (weird I know but it's good)
    eggs (usually I only use 1)
    onion powder (or onions diced)
    garlic powder
    jalopenos
    .... I think that's it. I'm not at my kitchen and that when I remember as I go...
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    I don't have measurements of any thing but I bet if you played around with it you could figure it out but this is what we put...

salmon (of course)
    tofu (weird I know but it's good)
    eggs (usually I only use 1)
    onion powder (or onions diced)
    garlic powder
    jalopenos
    .... I think that's it. I'm not at my kitchen and that when I remember as I go...

oh and use olive oil in the pan and only a little bit just to keep it from sticking!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    With a pre-made salmon burger you mean? I usually just heat it up in the frying pan with a little spray of olive oil, then toss it over a bed of spinach and top with grain mustard.
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Samon
    Onions diced small
    Scallions diced small
    Green peppers diced small
    Yellow peppers diced small
    Garlic diced small
    Pinch of Flour
    (sometimes i use 1 egg but not all the time)
    Old Bay Spice (alittle)
    Spray pan with Pan spray
    Oven bake
    YUMMY!!!!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    bump..I'd like to know some...I was thinking Salmon and Cottage Cheese (it worked with Tuna)...like 1/2 a cup..it will give it a little flavor..but I have NOT tried this...It sounds okay in my mind...sometimes it doesnt quite work out on the plate!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    I don't know if you were looking for home made salmon pattie but I bought a pre-made salmon burger that I absolutely LOVE!
    I purchased them at GFS (Gordon Food Services) and the brand is Trident. All you have to do is throw them in the pan frozen with a little oil (i use 1/2 tsp oil olive) and they cook in 8 minutes from frozen. I top them with greek yogurt mixed with horseradish.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    The pre-made ones? I grill it on the bbq and then put fresh spinach, a little feta cheese & mango salsa on top. delicious!
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    heres mine...

1 pouch (7 oz.) pink salmon, I think its an orange package in the tuna ailse
    1/2 green pepper finely chopped
    1/2 onion finely chopped
    1/4 cup mayo I use kraft light
    squeeze lemon juice
    season salt
    4 egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal, (my sister uses 1 cup crushed ritz crackers which is delicious but higher in calories)

mix all together heat in pan with either pam or olive oil. I measure out with a ice cream scoop and then flatten, brown on each side. I think it makes about 8 small patties. 2 is one serving and the nutrition I got was:

carbs: 8
    protein: 15
    fat: 5
    calories: 140
  • sewlady30
    sewlady30 Posts: 1 Member
    use fresh salmon chopped or can salmon(drained & bones removed) about 2 cups
    1 egg
    1/4 tsp Pepper
    1/4 tsp salt (or Lawry's season salt)
    1/4 cp Hot sauce
    bread crumbs( sprinkle in mixture to help keep patties together
    1tbsp Lemon juice

Combine ingredients, makes about 6 medium patties..
    Use Olive Oil to cook
  • I found this one makes 4

4 boneless,skinless salmon fillets 550g
    2 tbsp thai red curry paste
    thumb size piece of ginger grated
    1tsp soy sauce
    1 bunch corriander, half chopped half leaves picked
    1 tsp vegetable oil

Tip the salmon into a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced. Tip out the mix and shape into 4 patties. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the burgers for 4-5 mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.

PER SERVING 292 kcalories, protein 29g, carbohydrate 7g, fat 17 g, saturated fat 4g, fibre 0g, sugar 6g, salt 0.83 g
This discussion has been closed.