Setting my goals low

Options
I weigh 202.6 weighing myself every Monday, I've lost 8 pounds in 2 and half weeks. My overall goal is 160lbs, but it's important that I set my goals low. This might sound controversial, but small goals lead to the big prize. I think it's important to give yourself stepping stones on the way to where you are going. my small goal is 195 by November. what's yours?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My goal might sound small to some but it is huge for me. I'm already kind of lean, and trying to lose 3-4 pounds by some point in November so I can bulk. It's rough going.
  • Fideloose150
    Fideloose150 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm taking it slow as well. I'm averaging about 6.5lbs lost per month. I'm happy with that. So I'm looking to weigh 294 (give or take a pound) by November 1st.

Slow and steady...
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I worry about 10 lbs at a time (I still have over 40 to lose). Once I'm closer, I'll worry about the next 5 lbs. I find that keeps me motivated.

I don't put times on the loss either. After losing 30 lbs in 4 months, the next 10 took 2 months. I'm hoping this 10 goes quicker, but if it doesn't, as long as it goes, that's ok too.
  • clemmey150
    clemmey150 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My goal might sound small to some but it is huge for me. I'm already kind of lean, and trying to lose 3-4 pounds by some point in November so I can bulk. It's rough going.

I can imagine the less fat you have the harder to lose it. Bulking over the winter? what are your long term goals?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Setting small goals worked for me. I made 5 pound goals along the way.

Good work so far!
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    A pound a week, but i'd be happy with any loss x
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I took my overall weight loss goal and divided up when I wanted each 10 pounds gone. I made sure my overall goal was reasonable in terms of time, and since the fastest loss typically happens first, particularly as I'm obese and active, I quickly got ahead of my goal - so even on slow weeks I can look and see I'm still on track for my final goal.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I think you'll like this then...

"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path, and you will find you have crossed the mountain."