Any fruitarians here

Options
looking for raw vegan or fruitarian friends. Add me

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    There are some raw vegan groups in the 'groups' section of the forums I think. Might be the best place to find some of your fellows.
  • chartigan81
    chartigan81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you mangrothian.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    How does one be a fruitarian? I know my daughter was one for a long time and still prefers fruit over any food. How do you balance or get in protein?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    if you are going to cut out entire food groups from your life forever, make sure you take a daily multi-vitamin (at least).
    vegetarians can fall short in b vitamins and d

Although vegetarians or vegans may benefit from individual supplements (depending on what they eat, including fortified foods), a multi-vitamin is unnecessary. B12 is the only vitamin that isn't found in a plant-based diet -- if one doesn't eat fortified foods, you can buy a B12 supplement quite easily.
  • chartigan81
    Options
    I eat found that a lot of people don't consider fruit. Like tomatoes. I also eat flowers artichokes. It's about amino acids. All fruits and veggies and flowers contain aminos
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Being a Fruitarian isn't healthy. Being a vegan or vegetarian can be, if it's done right. Fruitarian is an unhealthy diet, though. You go that route and you'll end up in the hospital one day.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    How does one be a fruitarian? I know my daughter was one for a long time and still prefers fruit over any food. How do you balance or get in protein?

They eat nothing but fruit. They don't have a balanced - or healthy - diet.
  • chartigan81
    Options
    I've been a fruitarian for 2 years. Raw vegan since 2012 and vegan since 2008 And I'm healthy. I see my doctor yearly for check ups and I'm good.
  • chartigan81
    Options
    Kalikel where did you get your info it's not healthy?
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Some people think that may have caused, or made worse, Steve Job's cancer.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this. Super intrigued. Hope you find your fellow fruitarians!
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Co-signed and quoted for truth.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I've been a fruitarian for 2 years. Raw vegan since 2012 and vegan since 2008 And I'm healthy. I see my doctor yearly for check ups and I'm good.

there is a website devoted to former raw vegans/fruitarians called beyondveg.com. lots of personal stories of people who decided to stick with vegetarianism, but found they had serious health problems sticking with a fruity diet long term.

however, others seem to do well on it, outside of some issues with their teeth.