In need of a home workout plan - kettle-bells, incline bench, body weight

Hello there,

<tldr section>
I have been working out since January twice a week with the exception of summer holidays, in the middle of which we got our second little pack of poopy, screamy happiness delivered. So recently I'm stalling in regards of strength training. Still counting calories to maintain.

I used to go over to a buddy who I got into fitness and workout at his place with various gear and plans made out by ourselves.
</tldr section>

I still consider myself a noob in regards to planning a good routine. I aim to workout at home 2-3 times a week for around 30 minutes.

I know how to perform a couple of basic kettle-bell moves such as - swing, snatch, halo, squat, row - and reportedly have good form at planks and other bodyweight exercises.

I have the following available at home:

set of kettle-bells - 24kg, 16kg, 10kg
an adjustable incline bench for sit-ups
a crappy resistance band
my own +-76kgs of bodyweight + 183cm of bodyheight
gravity
couple of chairs

Is there anyone who would try for the heck of it to create a routine which I could follow through winter to get stronger and leaner and still spare energy to keep my family running?

Much obliged!

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Check out youtube...I use them for different kettlebell workouts....Betterbelievefit is one channel I love....also Jillian Michaels has some KILLER kettlebell workouts you can try! If you want to look at my exercise diary, yesterday I did bodyweight exercises with KB's....feel free to copy it! It's not extreme, but you can tweak as you like xo
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    @JustMissTracy , THANKS :) , I know about YouTube, used some tricks in my routines and tried to follow several, but usually the rep/weight ratios didn't match mine.

To be honest I'm trying to get away with a custom routine built for a guy like me with my set of tools. I mean I'm capable of crushing myself with one of my own twice a week that I barely function following two days, but would like advice from someone more experienced.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    ooo...sorry I couldn't be of help! My experience is only what I do and has helped me to lose the first 78 lbs..lol... (as for barely functioning, that sounds like DOMS, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)...this will happen any time you go out of your usual range of reps or weight...try foam rollers, hot Epsom baths, advil etc xox Good luck tho, wish I could have helped you more!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    have a look at this
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/17/advanced-body-weight-workout-warning-this-will-kick-your-*kitten*/
    Also, there is a bloke on fitnessblender.com you can see if any of his workouts suit. choose level 4, level 5 workouts.
  • HaibaneReki
    ooo...sorry I couldn't be of help! My experience is only what I do and has helped me to lose the first 78 lbs..lol... (as for barely functioning, that sounds like DOMS, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)...this will happen any time you go out of your usual range of reps or weight...try foam rollers, hot Epsom baths, advil etc xox Good luck tho, wish I could have helped you more!

lol, I tried very hard not to sound offensive or unthankful :smile: I know both about DOMS and also own a foam roller, kudos to You for Your loss!
  • HaibaneReki
    edited October 2015
    have a look at this
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/17/advanced-body-weight-workout-warning-this-will-kick-your-*kitten*/
    Also, there is a bloke on fitnessblender.com you can see if any of his workouts suit. choose level 4, level 5 workouts.

thanks a bunch!

ETA: fitnessblender looks promissing!