Tips and Tricks to boost weight loss!

Options
Hi Everyone

I am new here and i have a long way to go

Can anyone give me some pointers to help me any low cal meals, snacks or any wee things that you find usefull in your own weight loss journey

My tip is green tea it keeps my energy levels up and wakes me up in the morning !

97269958.png

Replies

• christinecoffeebean
    Options
    This might sound typical, but I swear by water as often people mistaken thirst for hunger. Keep as hydrated as possible, and before sitting down for a meal have a big glass of water. You will find that you may eat less as the water will fill you up.

Portion sizes are also key. Consider getting smaller plates or bowls. If that's not an option then generally aim for meat the size and thickness of your hand, then load up on green veggies/starchy veggies or carbohydrates.

Limit the consumption of alcohol, as a boozy weekend can cause water retention and a temporary jump on the scales. I can have a big night out and then jump on the scales and be a few pounds heavier. Whilst it's not real weight, psychologically it's quite damaging and disheartening.

Make sure you eat a proper breakfast! I find if I skip breakfast or have something light that I snack more throughout the day and will make bad choices at lunch time.

My snacks: nuts, carrot sticks dipped in hommus, full fat Greek yoghurt, fruit, occasionally a muesli bar
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Root beer does it for me as I just really don't like water but as the person above said sometimes I realize I really am just thirsty. Also tea just soothing
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Weight loss can't be "boosted". It will be greater or smaller depending on the calorie deficit you create by eating less and/or moving more. You need to be able to sustain the calorie deficit until you have lost the weight you want to lose. A too big calorie deficit is going to make you hungry, lethargic and generally miserable. So what you need is a calorie deficit that is not too big. Only that. How you must go about to achieve that, is totally up to you!

What I find useful may not help you, but anyways.
    I used these strategies: Estimate an appropriate weight loss rate and calorie goal. Plan meals. Weigh everything I eat and log in food diary here on MFP; aim to hit goal every day. No eating between meals. Don't cut out any foods I like and can eat to satiety, but stop buying trigger foods. Learn to recognize and respect hunger and satiety cues. Get moving, be just a little less lazy - go for walks, do some pushups. Eat more fresh foods, and more varied. Aim for 3 servings of fruit and some nuts every day; vegetables, fat and protein at every meal. Cook most of my dinners myself. Skip "diet foods", low cal, low fat - eat real food, full fat, full taste, so much more satisfying and satiating.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    you already gave my favorite tip! Green tea (and any kind of tea) is great for holding off hunger.

one trick I found to get through the afternoon at work is to keep some oats and sugar at my desk, and make a small cup of porridge (with water) at around 4pm (about 100 calories) - keeps my energy levels up so I can have a later supper and not be going to bed hungry. Otherwise the only option where I work is the dreaded vending machines.
  • gracesluckystar2015
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments and tips which help you.
    Sorry if saying Boost weight loss came across wrong, Just wanted some tips and everyone has their own ways which might help others too :)
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I love my afternoon cup of coffee for the same reason you have your porridge it lets me eat dinner just a bit later and then I can be done for the night. Also I'm one of those strange people that like to sleep on a full stomach
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    There is no magic to weight loss. Eat at a deficit and you'll lose.
  • Kirky_V2
    Kirky_V2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yep, some good advice on here so far, especially reagrding water, drink plenty and often.

A good set of kitchen scales is my tip - its all too easy to underestimate how much you eat. When I serve up dinner for myself, I put the plate on the scale, zero it, add a component of the meal, take the reading, zero the scale, and repeat. I mean, do you really know what 50g of cous cous, or 200g of sweet potato actually looks like?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The only way to really boost weight loss is increase your deficit by lowering intake or exercising more.

There are no secrets, pills, teas etc to "boost" it.

ETA: if that means getting a food scale to ensure you intake is correct great. If that means drinking more water to stay hydrated great...if that means running 3miles instead of 2 great...but it comes down to one thing

CI<CO.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    maasha81 wrote: »
    Use a food scale

1+
  • gracesluckystar2015
    Options
    I just went and bought a digital food scale there :) Thanks for the advice
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member