What is a good diet for truckers

Options
I am a truck driver and I am on the road for two weeks. I need to lose weight but I don't know what good foods I should be eating or how to exercise easily while on the road. Can anyone help me out?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You just need to be in a deficit. Set the app up to lose an appropriate amount per week, and start logging. There's even a barcode scanner that might be helpful for anything you pick up while traveling.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    If you were eating fast food, check menus to find items with few(er) calories and some decent amount of protein.
    For example, McD's Egg McMuffin has 300 calories and 18 grams protein.
    Wendy's large chili has 250 calories and 23 grams protein.
    Consider buying canned or fresh fruit and precut veggies at the grocery store.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Meat and cheese.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat what you always do, only in a deficit.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Reduce you portions and replace with water. Sorry; you may have to stop more frequently but your body's filtration system will become way way healthier.
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I take apples with me for snacks if I have to drive any distance. Crunchy, fresh, satisfying, enough natural sugar for an energy boost, easy to eat while driving, and not a lot of calories. As for meals, you can still eat at truck stop diners if that's what you're used to, but watch your portions. I use MFP database to check out calorie counts ahead of time (by searching for items but not actually entering them) so I can decide what I'm going to order. Eat a side salad or extra side veggie first to take the edge off your appetite if you are a big eater. Log everything. As for exercise, every time you pull over for gas or a meal, walk a couple of brisk laps around the perimeter of the parking lot. Keep a set of dumbells in the truck and set up a little quick exercise routine you can do during stops. If weather is bad, pull off at a mall or Walmart during your break and do your laps indoors.
  • Dch102801
    Dch102801 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to be driver and towards the end I started eating fruits and vegetables. Celery and peanut butter. Most truck stops have a limited section for healthy eating. So I started pulling into grocery stores like Walmart Kroger's Churchill's. To get food for lunch and dinner. Plus at the end of the day or during my lay overs I would walk around the outside of the parking lot or my truck just like a pretrip. ( take the length and width of your semi and add the feet up to equal a mile. Plus you do lunges and jump squats a whole bunch of exercises out of your rig. Plus I bought a set of bands and dumbbell to work out in the sleeper. Crunches sit-ups pushups. I'll add you
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that my first thought was "vegan?". Sorry OP, joke from another thread.

I would aim for having healthy snacks you can take with you, you've gotten lots of good suggestions, but nuts, fruit, jerky, etc. There are healthier options at fast food places, and they have their nutrition information online if you want to try preplanning your meals.