21 day fix results?

Options
I just bought the program so that I have some workouts to do during the snowy months, and was wondering how other people did on the program so I know what to expect.

(Before anyone mentions it, I'm not expecting instant overnight results. Just curious about how others have done.)

Tia!

Replies

• cynthiamcrae
    cynthiamcrae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks. Gained it all back, though. I always do :(
    The program itself is great!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

If the program doesn't teach you how to keep it off long term, I'd say it's the opposite of "great"

To the OP - I've never used it, so I can't give you specific personal anecdotes. But as a general rule, if you enjoy the workouts, and find they help you toward your goals, then I doubt anyone would advise against them. You don't really state exactly what your goals are in your OP. Assuming weight loss is a goal, while certainly exercising and working out is helpful, meeting that goal is going to be far more a matter of getting your diet and calorie intake set at an appropriate level.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Even tho I know a lot of people who have used 21 day fix, I don't know anyone who actually made it through the 21 days. Most of them tend to last a week or 2.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It didn't do jack for me!! I ate at a reasonable calorie deficit and lost the last 20 pounds using MFP for free!! You can not beat free, right?
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    So what happens after 21 days? Thats barely getting your feet wet into any diet. Besides I like free so much better.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    There is a group MFPers who have done or are currently doing this program, you'll probably find some great feedback in there: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

If the program doesn't teach you how to keep it off long term, I'd say it's the opposite of "great"

To the OP - I've never used it, so I can't give you specific personal anecdotes. But as a general rule, if you enjoy the workouts, and find they help you toward your goals, then I doubt anyone would advise against them. You don't really state exactly what your goals are in your OP. Assuming weight loss is a goal, while certainly exercising and working out is helpful, meeting that goal is going to be far more a matter of getting your diet and calorie intake set at an appropriate level.

Exactly this.

PS, you don't have to spend a fortune to take in less energy than you burn and be more active. You have MFP, and you can find free cardio on YouTube, download a free app like C25K, or you can spend a little bit of money to join a gym (more affordable than anything from BB, in my experience) to start a lifting program like Stronglifts or New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Find something you can do for more than 21 days, unless your doctor said you only have 3 weeks to live. If you can repeat the exercise over and over then go for it. If not, go for something you can.
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    There is a group MFPers who have done or are currently doing this program, you'll probably find some great feedback in there: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

Thank you!
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    Options

Thanks for the input!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I want to do this program too. I mean you can do it over and over and apply it to every day. Its supposed to teach portion control and if you maintain wgat you learn and continue the diet after then you have learned something in my opinion. Its really not expensive if you get the basic package anyway. I mean if you get a set like body revolution its 50 or sgred its 100. Or ddp yoga is 120.
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    Options
    I want to do this program too. I mean you can do it over and over and apply it to every day. Its supposed to teach portion control and if you maintain wgat you learn and continue the diet after then you have learned something in my opinion. Its really not expensive if you get the basic package anyway. I mean if you get a set like body revolution its 50 or sgred its 100. Or ddp yoga is 120.

Exactly, there are lots of people who I've read about doing it for far longer than 21 days. Nowhere does it say you have to stop after your 21st day lol. :) It really isn't bad, you get like 6 (I think?) workouts with it. In my opinion thats worth it in and of itself.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, I've never used the nutrition plan (honestly I think it's silly, and MFP is just as easy and way more accurate), but I love the workouts. Totally worth the price to me.
    If you haven't started them yet, DEFINITELY follow the modifier the first time you go through each workout. I didn't do that and pushed myself way too hard the first time I did the program and was so sore it hurt to walk for a few days! I also add in an extra rest day and a day where I do some easy steady-state cardio each cycle, just because the full 7 days n a row seems too intense. I don't set deadlines for my progress, so no reason to push myself that hard.
    I do this program a couple of times a year, usually for 2 months, and then switch to something else for awhile (I get bored easily :) ). Have fun!
  • amber2bill
    amber2bill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I liked it, good workouts. I lost 10 pounds and even more inches. It just really teaches you portion control. Im still doing workouts.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Exactly, there are lots of people who I've read about doing it for far longer than 21 days. Nowhere does it say you have to stop after your 21st day lol. :) It really isn't bad, you get like 6 (I think?) workouts with it. In my opinion thats worth it in and of itself.

If you like the workouts....then yes, that's a good thing.

But the portion control seems very inflexible. There is not a easy way to "translate" a family favorite recipe, or a restaurant meal into .....your little containers.

Yes - you can see worksheets (on Pinterest) to mark off 1/2 of this container and 1/4 of that container. The Weight Watcher's Exchange program (which 21 Day Fix copied) seems more flexible......instead on 1 container of fat you get a few fat "exhanges"....use 1 exchange at breakfast (with high fat protein).....and 2 exhanges at dinner. Not 1/4 at breakfast......3/4 at dinner.
  • blissliz89
    blissliz89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this program. I completed my first round of 21 Day Fix Extreme and was happy with my first weigh in. I lost 5lbs in my first five days! Unfortunately, the 16 remaining days didn't do anything for me. I did gain knowledge as to what foods to eat and learned to snack in between meals as opposed to going on for hours without a meal. I will be doing another round starting Monday. I am excited. I want to try working out in the morning, and if I have enough energy, also workout in the evening. I guess it varies from person to person but, I think this program is great!