If I don't lose this week

Options
I tried really hard this week and am praying that on Saturday when I get on the scales is says I have lost

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    And if you haven't, the world won't end - remember :)
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Whether it shows a loss or not, the important thing is to keep moving forward. :)

yhjuehi7p7tc.gif
    KMF.gif 491.9K
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you don't lose this week, just keep going. You'll never see the same loss every week, sometimes nothing or even a gain.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Just keep weighing your food and counting those calories. Being sore from exercise means you're retaining water to repair muscle. Having high sodium intake can also mask weight loss. Weight loss is not linear, look for trends that develop over 4-6 weeks to determine if you're at maintenance or gaining and need to refine your logging.

I would paste some helpful links but I'm lazy.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    So if you don't lose this week what is going to happen?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ...maybe you'll lose next week. You didn't gain it overnight, and can't lose it overnight, alas.

Good luck with your journey. Be patient and consistent.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you don't lose this week, you'll lose next week or the week after. If you don't quit, you will succeed.

Many people lose in whooshes. The waiting sucks but the whoosh week is so awesome. :)
  • _flawedperfectly_
    _flawedperfectly_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just keep up the good work and you'll be fine. Remember the scale can have mood swings depending on the time of day you weigh yourself, etc. I can weigh one thing in the morning and something else a couple hours later. Try not to put so much focus on the scale. Good luck:)
  • Ashley5041984
    Ashley5041984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could also be losing inches rather than pounds. Try not worrying so much about what the scale says :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Remember, it takes longer than a week. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will come.
  • shannonshardai87
    shannonshardai87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just to say thank u to everyone did my weigh in today and lost another 3lb
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Well done for trying hard, remember never to stop trying. It's all worth it in the end.