taking it all off! (gulp, tomorrow)

Options
i have a long way to go in my weight loss journey... but i've decided i'm not going to sit around and wait to reach my goal weight to start doing the things i want to do when i'm "thin!!" what better way to start then to CHOP MY HAIR OFF tomorrow & donate it? :D i'm super excited. if i want to BE healthy and happy, i need to start BEING healthy and happy. walk the walk and the rest will fall into place. anyone else walking the "skinny girl" walk? what are you doing NOW, that you've waited to do?

VISUALIZE!!! rehearse your future. be thankful for what you have and what you can do NOW!

"Whatever we think about and THANK about.. we bring about." -The Secret

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Doing something for yourself that will also benefit someone else is a great way to start off this journey you're on. Good luck!
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Cool! How long is it now and how much are you planning to cut off?
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!! I got all mine chopped off too :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    What a great and inspirational attitude! You are so right - why put things off until that someday at goal weight? You've inspired me - I'm going to start dressing up more and wearing cuter clothes - I've been putting off my 'image makeover' until I lose 5-10 more pounds, but heck, why not start now? If nothing else, I can start with the cute shoes and cool jewelry :-)
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! You're absolutely amazing. You have some amazing positive energy and I LOVE IT! Let's do this skinny girl walk together!!!!
  • tarynnnicole
    tarynnnicole Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How long is it now and how much are you planning to cut off?

thanks!! it's about down to my natural waist i'd say.. it grows so fast and it's SO thick, so i thought i'd let someone else use it! plus, i get very hot during my workouts and though a lighter style would be nice. i've always wanted a short shoulder-length wispy cut with long, side swept bangs. :) hope i can pull it off!
  • tarynnnicole
    Options
    LOVE IT!! I got all mine chopped off too :)

looks great!! ;D
  • gnat45
    Options
    How long is it now and how much are you planning to cut off?

thanks!! it's about down to my natural waist i'd say.. it grows so fast and it's SO thick, so i thought i'd let someone else use it! plus, i get very hot during my workouts and though a lighter style would be nice. i've always wanted a short shoulder-length wispy cut with long, side swept bangs. :) hope i can pull it off!

I'm sure you can pull it off!
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    i have a long way to go in my weight loss journey... but i've decided i'm not going to sit around and wait to reach my goal weight to start doing the things i want to do when i'm "thin!!" what better way to start then to CHOP MY HAIR OFF tomorrow & donate it? :D i'm super excited. if i want to BE healthy and happy, i need to start BEING healthy and happy. walk the walk and the rest will fall into place. anyone else walking the "skinny girl" walk? what are you doing NOW, that you've waited to do?

VISUALIZE!!! rehearse your future. be thankful for what you have and what you can do NOW!

"Whatever we think about and THANK about.. we bring about." -The Secret

I started JOGGING tonight!!! I kept saying when I make it to 260, but Im only 8 lbs away and I decided what the hell Im going for it now!!!
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Extra bonus is that you'll probably lose 5 lbs in one day. :wink: Go for it! I think that's awesome!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea!!

I am just letting you know something that a friend told me. If you were thinking of donating to Locks of Love, they SELL their wigs to cancer patients. So you DONATE your hair, and they SELL it for a profit!!!!!

The friend suggested to donate the hair to Pantene. They give away their wigs for free to cancer patients.

hmm i was going to give you a link, but the Pantene website seems to be screwy just google "pantene hair donation" and you should get all the information you need.

You are amazing to do this for someone!
  • tarynnnicole
    Options
    If you were thinking of donating to Locks of Love, they SELL their wigs to cancer patients. So you DONATE your hair, and they SELL it for a profit!!!!!

The friend suggested to donate the hair to Pantene. They give away their wigs for free to cancer patients.

wow-- great to know! thanks!!!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    so totally not what i thought you meant when i read this headline.. haha congrats!
  • tarynnnicole
    Options
    thank you all for your kind words! they really mean a lot to me.

i cut off 13" of bad decisions, past failures, fears, and just plan excess. it's all about balance now!

(p.s. i have nothing against long hair, and will probably grow it out again!! haha but the symbolism of making a change and doing something i've said i'll do "tomorrow" was too much to pass up posting about.) :)

after picture =
    haircut.jpg

my blog = http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tarynnnicole
  • gnat45
    Options
    So cute!
  • megan4pr
    megan4pr Posts: 12
    Options
    Ugh I do that tomorrow thing. Starting a change TODAY.