5'3" - 5'4" women - how long until clothes fit differently?

I'm 5' 3.75" (yes, the 3/4 inch matters!) and I've lost 14 pounds so far but not able to tell any difference in the mirror or in my clothes. Not a huge deal as I have a way to go but I am just curious when women my height started noticing a difference in how clothes fit? I started at 202 and weighed 188 this morning. My husband lost 10 pounds and is already in a smaller size pant. Just curious!

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    I lost 14lbs then went down a size, but that's because it came off tummy first so effected top and bottom sizes. If you loose from different places it will affect how clothes fit xx
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    I went from 167lbs to 112lbs, I needed new trousers twice during that (so about every 25lbs), never noticed a difference in tops. I still wear the same t-shirts I always wore.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    12 lbs. For me.
  • dagost17
    dagost17 Posts: 55 Member
    I tend to lose inches and not weight. I was 127-130 and I went from a size 6 to a 4 but didn't lose any weight on the scale. I then went from 127 to 120 and fit in a size 2. A few weeks ago when I was weighed at the Dr. I was 121 (I don't own a scale so I can't weigh regularly) and now my pants are even looser. I am 5'2 for reference.
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    I am 5'5" i have lost 34 lbs and im down about 1.5 sizes.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    I think it depends if you are weight training or not, and if you are in the normal BMI range or not. When I was heavier, I had to lose more to see the first initial loss. Now that I'm smaller, 5-10 pounds makes a big difference (in both directions). Weight training really seemed to help though, especially being pear shaped.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    As you get closer to goal the sizes change faster. That's all I can say. I printed a size chart and tracked my changes that way for a while.
  • ashleyolson94
    ashleyolson94 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 5'3" and had lost 50lbs and I weighed 140 and wore a size 8 comfortably. Then I went up to 160lbs but was wearing the same size. I was just gaining muscle from weight training. It all depends on where the weight is being lost. It took months for me to see and feel the difference in the mirror. Don't get discouraged and keep up the good work! You'll see the results soon!
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    beth0277 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 3.75" (yes, the 3/4 inch matters!) and I've lost 14 pounds so far but not able to tell any difference in the mirror or in my clothes. Not a huge deal as I have a way to go but I am just curious when women my height started noticing a difference in how clothes fit? I started at 202 and weighed 188 this morning. My husband lost 10 pounds and is already in a smaller size pant. Just curious!

We have almost the same stats! Great job on your loss!! I'm 5'3.75" as well and started my journey in April at 204 pounds--I was wearing a size 18/20 at that point. I didn't notice a huge difference on my lower half until I got closer to a size 14--somewhere around 185ish pounds, I think. I'm 155 pounds at the moment and am wearing Junior's size 9/11, which is an 8/10 in Women's, I believe. Now that I'm a lot closer to goal it seems that my pants are getting looser sooner (like, every 5-7 pounds I need new jeans, lol.) Anyway, you're off to a great start! You'll see the change for yourself soon :)
  • lyndefisher
    lyndefisher Posts: 54 Member
    I am 5'5 and have lost 34 lbs. I went from a tight fitting 12 down to a comfortable 8.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    I'm 5'5.35" (agree with the after-digit-numbers!). I think it depends on where you lose the fat. For me, my bottom size changed more than my top size. I was 130-132 in size 8 jeans first, 127-130 in size 6, and then I was in size 4 from 128 going down to 120 (hip size went from 38" to 37.5"). The measurement didn't change much for my hip but my legs and style. It went from boot-cut to skinny jeans and leggings. By the way, I found that there's a huge variation among brands. Now I'm at 117-118 for about a year and can fit into size 2 of some brands (37" hip).

It's trickier for my top. I'm pretty flat but with wider shoulders and flappy arms. My top size didn't really change much (size 4) probably because of my shoulders. I can fit into x-small for some brands since I've lost some weight, but they never look as natural as small or medium.

Hope this could help a little bit :)
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    I'm 5'4. I've lost 48 pounds and gone from a 16w to a 12 in pants and XL to L in tops.
  • iamMichelletoday
    iamMichelletoday Posts: 6 Member
    I am 5'4 and have lost 45 pounds. I didn't need smaller pants until I hit the 20 - 25lb loss mark. Then again 20 pounds lighter. Before I feel off the wagon and gained almost 30 pounds back I had to get more clothes at 60 pounds.
    Keep up the good work!