Diet ideas please

Options
Love trying different diets and comparing them. Anyone got any good ones I can try?

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I'm on the CICO diet.

I eat what I want, hit my macros as best I can, and stay in my calorie goals.

It's great!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Why try different diets? Most of them are useless unless they have you eating at a calorie deficit and then that's what is working, not some combination or avoidance of food. Eat what you like while keeping your calories under what you're burning each day and do it for the rest of your life.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How long are you going to try each one for a decent comparison (at least a month each I should think)? Are Very Low Calorie Diets (VLCD) off the table (I hope so)?

I'll give you twelve. Why don't you blog about the experience and we all can learn something?

Mediterranean diet
    FODMAP diet
    DASH diet
    Choose My Plate diet
    CICO diet
    IIFYM diet
    Diabetic diet
    Brazilian Dietary Guidelines
    GI diet (not to be confused with the Military diet, yuck)
    Lacto Ovo Vegetarian diet
    Raw Food diet
    Twinkie diet

One rule, stick to the daily calorie goal as set by MFP, no matter which diet you choose.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    How long are you going to try each one for a decent comparison (at least a month each I should think)? Are Very Low Calorie Diets (VLCD) off the table (I hope so)?

I'll give you twelve. Why don't you blog about the experience and we all can learn something?

Mediterranean diet
    FODMAP diet
    DASH diet
    Choose My Plate diet
    CICO diet
    IIFYM diet
    Diabetic diet
    Raw Food diet
    Twinkie diet

One rule, stick to the daily calorie goal as set by MFP, no matter which diet you choose.

You are brilliant.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm on the CICO diet.

It's great!

Also known as IIFYM and/or Flexible Dieting
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    What is your current height and weight? What are your goals?
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    I'm on the CICO diet.

It's great!

Also known as IIFYM and/or Flexible Dieting

Love this one, I can stick to it. As long as I am eating eating in a deficit, I continue to lose weight. As long as I hit my macros and most of the time my micros, I feel great. The ones that I tried and didn't work is a pretty long list.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm on the CICO diet.

It's great!

Me too. Very successful at it.
  • sticky002
    sticky002 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Mediterranean diet
    FODMAP diet
    DASH diet
    Choose My Plate diet
    CICO diet
    IIFYM diet
    Diabetic diet
    Raw Food diet
    Twinkie diet

I like this idea, thank you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    5:2 Diet or Intermittent Fasting

Eat at maintenance 5 days a week....eat 500 calories 2 days a week. OR use a fasting / feeding window 16:8

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/8628-5-2-diet

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like the "eat as you mean to continue" diet. Stick to your calorie budget while eating single, standard, full sized servings of the full range of foods you hope to be able to eat for the rest of your life. Don't supersize your servings (except maybe non-starchy vegetables), don't take seconds, and don't serve yourself skimpy "diet sized" servings of anything. The idea is to train both your eye and your stomach to recognize and be satisfied with normal sized servings, which will make it a lot easier to maintain your weight loss. A lot of people regain because they lose weight on a simple but non-sustainable diet, then go back to their "regular" diet that made them heavy in the first place.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    This week, I am on a 300 calorie during the day so you can pig out at dinner diet. I like it. :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

Mediterranean diet
    FODMAP diet
    DASH diet
    Choose My Plate diet
    CICO diet
    IIFYM diet
    Diabetic diet
    Raw Food diet
    Twinkie diet

This is a really cool idea, actually.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    sticky002 wrote: »
    Love trying different diets and comparing them. Anyone got any good ones I can try?
    eat all the foods you love on moderation. Get a food scale, weigh your food, and log everything you eat. No special diet is necessary. :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be anywhere near anyone during Twinkie Month.
  • loseweightleslielove
    Options
    I suggest you change your life style completely. Diets are usually temporary.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    sick troll thread
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Dukan diet
    South beach diet. But both have a maintenance aspect