The miracle that is the stick of gum

Options
Anyone else addicted to gum as a means to avoid mindless eating? It's a brilliant solution for me, and I find myself craving it right after a meal or a coffee. I highly recommend transferring your addiction from food to gum. :)

Replies

• snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Chew gum and drink water. Sometimes I'll eat some crushed ice until it's time for me to eat.
  • erinnicolette
    Options
    I like Extra Dessert Delights: Mint Chocolate Chip sugar free GUM!!!!!! It's got only 5 calories a piece. The dessert gum also comes in strawberry shortcake!
  • raaynes
    raaynes Posts: 58
    Options
    Yep. Gum and water. I have never had issues meeting the recommended amount of H2O. Crushed ice sounds like another option to really satisfy the craving for that "crunch" factor. Thanks, I'll try that too.
  • TheZabet
    TheZabet Posts: 8
    Options
    I discovered the gum miracle, too! Completely by accident, and am everso thankful for it. It really helps me through the last few hours at work when I've forgotten to pack an afternoon snack or when I get my 10pm snack craving. I like that I can outsmart my brain. ;)
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the dessert delight gums too!! The mint choc. chip and strawberry shortcake ones are my favorites! Think I will have a piece right now! It really does help if you are kinda hungry or bored and just want something to chew on...beats eating a half a bag of cheetos like I used to do!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Thank God for gum. I also saw on here somewhere to start chewing right after i finish dinner. It does help to avoid second helpings :)
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    I like Extra Dessert Delights: Mint Chocolate Chip sugar free GUM!!!!!! It's got only 5 calories a piece. The dessert gum also comes in strawberry shortcake!

That stuff is delicious!
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Yep..I started chewing gum. My husband hates it, but oh well. If it keeps me from eating at times during the day when I don't need to be eating, then so be it.