weighing in

Options
Can someone tell me why i am heavier when I get home from the gym than when I am when I get to the gym? I weighed in at 130 before and when i got home was at 133. It makes me absolutely crazy. Weighing on the same scale...

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Water retention. Happens to me too.
  • Patecakers
    Patecakers Posts: 39
    Options
    Your weight fluctuates all day and all night long!!! Just choose a time to weigh yourself on a daily or better yet weekly basis so what is on the scale doesn't drive you crazy...I try to weigh myself twice a week...that's it! You could weigh yourself at 145one minute step off the scale get back on and be at 147! It's crazy but true!!
  • janicemcdonald11
    janicemcdonald11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When you work out, your muscles hold more water...(this is not from a medical person, just married to one) Also, when you work out you drink more water.......weigh yourself in the morning when you are at your lowest. Don't go crazy...get to one consistent time of day to weigh in....keep up the good work!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i purposely don't weigh myself after a workout... much too frustrating... and no reason to go there. i only weigh after i get up in the morning.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    yea water retention or muscle mass. I wouldnt weigh right after the gym, weigh in in the morning after ur morning pee and before u eat breakfast
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    different scales can also have different readings?
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    she said she weighs on the same scale.