skinny clothes

Options
lizzybethclaire
lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
Does anyone else have skinny clothes in their closet for the day that they hit their goal weight. I stopped buying clothes on purpose cause I would fit in them soon, but I realized that I do have enough clothes from when I was a lower weight in the past to start a new wardrobe when I do hit my goal weight. So, question to my MFP people...Do you buy clothes to motivate you to lose weight and have you bought a skinny outfit for the day you finally hit the magic size?

Replies

• FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My 'goal' clothes are my old showing clothes, I WILL get back in my jods and and jacket again (need to shrink boobs!)
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Bought a gorgeous purple dress some time ago (size smaller) for brother's wedding in September - gorgoeus purples dress has to be worn this weekend to a christening otherwise it'll never be worn - TAD TOO BIG :bigsmile:
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My husband told me they have bikini's on sale at the surf shop near our house.
    I think i'm going to buy one for motivation!!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I don't, but not because I don't think they're good motivators. I personally have a lot of emotional abuse in my past and have a terrible habit of putting myself down whenever I have what I see as a good opportunity. Skinny clothes would be that type of opportunity for me, and I don't want to do that. Instead, I got rid of everything that was too big, so I only own what fits right now, and I'll keep doing that until I'm to my goal.
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i have a shirt or two in my skinny clothes, since i haven't been under 150 since middle school, i really don't have much on the skinny clothes line.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have this beautiful off-white dress, it has a crochet overlay. It's a size ten, I bought it at a yard sale for $5. Someday. . .
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have some old clothes that if I loose weight I'll be able to fit back into. But I'm also a little bit of a shopaholic so when I do shop I buy them in my goal size for motivation. I'm also basically too fat for most of my clothes so now all of them are my "skinny clothes" lol
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I bought one back in 2009, and even though I really liked it, it didn't motivate me much. It just sat in my closet, collecting dust! I found my motivation elsewhere later on.
  • maple2011
    maple2011 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have my old clothes to fit into but I don't buy skinny clothes. I try to keep a positive attitude with where I'm at right now so I'll buy things that make me feel and look good now, and which I can get altered if needed when I loose weight (skirts, certain dress cuts, et).

I went through a period where I refused to buy new clothes until I fit into my old clothes... well the weight loss took longer than expected and next thing I knew I ran out of cute clothes to wear for work and kept wearing the same ones over and over and became utterly depressed! Now I buy clothes for my "Now Body" :0)
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have a plethora of clothes from my last weight loss journey. Also, I buy clothes as motivation for my next size, it's a huge motivator for me. I never buy them full price though, I'll browse clearance racks and if I see something I love just a bit smaller than where I'm at, I grab it.