sad...

Options
I am on my weightloss journey.. Have to lose 100lbs! No support or motivation from family... Yes, not from very near and dear ones too...

Replies

• rlprice1231
    rlprice1231 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just remember that it is YOUR body and YOUR life! You are making an effort to become healthier and that's all that matters!! I support you! Now go and get the body and health YOU want!
  • 23mar07
    23mar07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks dear... I was sooo depressed I was about to go and have a chocolate bar... I stopped! Thanks again..
  • loseweightleslielove
    Options
    Don't give in just yet!
    Don't get me wrong, you can have sweets still, but this app will keep you on track! Keep reading motivational posts on here. I need to lose 100 also. No one in my family is supportive or on board either. We could motivate each other!
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You are the boss of you. You decide what is right for you. One day at a time....
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Lean on us. We will support you.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good for you! It's those little, everyday successes that will lead to you acheiving your goal :)

Just a thought, but are many of the unsupportive people in your life also overweight? I found that it was often other heavy people who could be the most discouraging. Its not that they don't want the best for you, but I think that when people see others making big life changes and improvements, it can force them to reflect on their own lifestyle, and that can be scary.

• ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Be strong. This is where you can get your support and enouragement
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am on the same journey as you. I have a lot to lose. We got this!
  • _flawedperfectly_
    _flawedperfectly_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Stay on this app reading through the boards and information. It helps a lot. Remember you're not alone. There's millions of us with you trying to accomplish similar goals:)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    This is for you, so make it all about you. MFP is a fantastic community, you'll find much support here.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    This is for you, so make it all about you. MFP is a fantastic community, you'll find much support here.

So much this.....

When I started out I was very much in the same position as you.....

I just realised that I wanted change for ME much more than the status quo that I was enduring. Funnily enough, after some months of following my own heart, losing weight and getting out for exercise I just felt so much more in charge of my own destiny than I had before so the lack of support became less and less consequential.

You go out and do this for you. Empower yourself to reach your full potential....explore new and exciting ways to be active and enjoy your foods. Use MFP and the vast resources it has....get support from enthusiastic and successful members.

Goodluck and I wish you all the very best. <3
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    It'll take time and patience, but it'll all be worth it in the end. I'm really sorry your family and friends aren't supportive and I hope they'll come around. Until then, you have US!!! :smiley: Whatever their issue is, please don't make it your problem--you're doing the right thing, the healthy thing.
  • pandyg180
    pandyg180 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is really sad. May i ask why you think your family isn't being supportive? Glad you reached out here. I realistically have 100 lbs to lose though my initial goal is 80lbs. Although i have a wonderful supprt system online and offline, I'm still doing this for myself no matter what. Started my journey sept 7th 2015 and have lost 18lbs so far. Keep your head up and realize you are not alone and there are others going through all the same that you are. As another poster wrote there are a lot of resources here to help you get through. I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to one day read your success story!
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You got this!! I'm sorry that it doesn't seem like you have any in-person support, but you definitely have this community's support!! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for someone to help motivate me!
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I love my family and all, but each of us has had to face adult problems of our own making. Other than say, "Glad it's getting better" or "Glad you found a solution." or whatever, there isn't a great deal other people can actually do for me or me for them.

With weight loss, in my family anyway, there's one side of the family that is very obese. Definitely they do not want to talk about weight loss.....unless it's theirs. lol

My side of the family tends to make up our minds and stick to it until it's done. That can be very annoying to the other side.

Anyway, my point is that family members may not even get what it takes, may not be aware that they aren't helping a lot, or may believe that you and you alone must figure out what is best for you. It helps me a lot to remember that I am an adult and really don't need anything specific from family. I have learned to seek out people who have experience in whatever I'm trying to accomplish in life. I look to them for guidance. Family members....I just let them be themselves and enjoy them as they are.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Obviously I don't know what's going on in your situation, but in mine, I thought my fiance wasn't being supportive but once I got clear and committed, and stopped sending mixed messages, we worked things out.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • Noot30
    Noot30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm reasonably new to this forum, but as others have said there's loads of support here.
    Good luck, and you can do this.
  • 23mar07
    Options
    Good for you! It's those little, everyday successes that will lead to you acheiving your goal :)

Just a thought, but are many of the unsupportive people in your life also overweight? I found that it was often other heavy people who could be the most discouraging. Its not that they don't want the best for you, but I think that when people see others making big life changes and improvements, it can force them to reflect on their own lifestyle, and that can be scary.

No. No one is obese...they all are super fit with excersise routine of their own.. Only me... They think I can't do it! But definitely I will do it..
  • 23mar07
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of your support.. I am loving it here... Last year i lost 12kgs from MFP but then I had a baby and gained back again... Now I am back again and will let u all know once I reach my goal... *let's party*