Started at 268, now 170

Options
2»

Replies

• oearl20
    oearl20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome story to hear. I have PCOS also and I know the feeling. I just have a huge issue in staying focused after a cheat meal. But hopefully this time I continue to do what I have to =).
  • janetblean
    janetblean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have always struggled with weight problems. My highest weight was 268. I was very insecure and never wanted pictures taken. One day I woke up and said "I'm done". "I'm gonna lose this weight!" I went out and got me a gym membership and started to eat healthier. Sure I still ate out but only once a week. I seriously think everyone should have 1 cheat meal a week to keep them going on the weight loss journey. The first month of working out I was getting very discouraged and wanted to give up. All the hard work I was doing and the scale wouldn't budge. It took about a month for the scale to start going down. Few months later I had a health issue occur and was diagnosed with PCOS and was prescribed metformin. I'm not a diabetic or prediabetic, but I had very high insulin levels due to the disease. This medication has no let my body process the sugars and food correctly. With healthy eating, working out and the medication, I've lost a total of 92 pounds! I always make sure to count my calorie intake and lower the fat consumed. If the calorie from fat is more than 25% of the calories, I say don't eat it.

Good for you!! I like you quick and easy calorie/fat rule of thumb.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!