I think I'm going through a woosh. This is weird

Options
I have stayed the same weight for an entire damn week despite being on point with calorie counting and exercise. I have literally burned off thousands off extra calories and still....nothing. Grrrrr

But I have noticed oddly, that despite staying the same body weight number, my body fat percentage has been going down consistently on the scale. I've never trusted the body fat number on my scale, but through this woosh it has been so consistent in going down I'm almost willing to believe it just to help me cling onto hope that im actually losing the weight lol Am I crazy?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Those scales are not accurate at all when it comes to body fat %.

And stalls are totally normal.
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow you're gonna wake up 1.5 pounds lighter.
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Stand stills are completely normal! The only thing to remember (and this is totally my issue with losing weight), is to not quit when you get to this point! You got this!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't trust the body fat thing.

People stall. I've been bouncing around 157 and 158 for I don't know how many weeks and it's pissing me off, but I know that one of these weeks, I'll leave 157 and 158 and drop down to like 153 or 154 in less than a week. So, I persevere.

You have to hang on and be patient. It'll happen! Just keep it up. :)
  • amynb524
    amynb524 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @Losingthedamnweight - how are you doing now? Get that woosh on the scale yet?
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    @amynb524 yep! This was quite awhile ago, but it's been a good learning experience. I know how my body reacts to different foods and exercise a bit better now. If I get a ton of exercise, I might fluctuate a pound or two for a day. If I eat a lot of sodium, might be all over the place for a few days. If I have a ginormous cheat meal? The scale won't reflect my actual weight for an entire week. In which case...best thing to do is just to wait it out and drink lots of water.

I used to be so affected by that stupid number on the scale. Now I just do the math and say "well the scale might say this, but I know technically I really am this other weight. I'll just have to wait a few days to see it"