hi everyone

I am new here and I am a 46 year old woman, 5' and a 160lbs. I want to lose 30lbs, I have to say I am so frustrated as it has been almost a month and I have been pretty consistently eating 1200 calories but I have only lost three pounds! I usually walk for at least 45 mins most days - and though this is not a great deal of exercise I thought I would at least see better results after nearly a month. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Carmel15
    Carmel15 Posts: 2
    Hi sop93, I'm a newie too and my main exercise is walking (with my dog), we walk 4-5 kms daily and I jog at least a couple of times during the walk for 100 metres or so to get my heartrate up. Maybe that might help you.
  • sop93
    sop93 Posts: 4
    Thanks Carmel15!
    It is the most amazing thing - I gained the weight as a result of medication I was taking and I have since stopped (a year ago) and although I have dropped almost 20 lbs since then I can not figure out why I am now stuck at 160. Yes, I think perhaps owing to my age, I will have to amp up my exercise. I used to always be very physically active and never had a problem dropping a few pounds here and there - wow how times have changed in the post -40 era! (mind you, I have never been this heavy)