Pregnant option for Logging food

Options
hi all! I recently found out that I am pregnant and was wondering if there is something out there that can help me with my diet similar to mfp. I really don't want to gain 50 lbs like my last pregnancy Any suggestions??

Replies

• kmaritz18
    kmaritz18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would also be interested.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    You can update your profile on mfp so that you only gain 1 lb a week instead of maintenance or losing. Remember, first trimester you don't need to really gain anything, then about 1 lb per week ...as long as you are normal weight at this moment. Talk to your doctor too about healthy gaining
  • kminbr
    kminbr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is the best suggestion I've seen so far. Thanks!!
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I put down maintenance when I was pregnant. I still gained weight and likely you will even how you eat or exercise...thats the joys of being pregnant ;-) however by staying healthy you likely wont gain as much :):)
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Also I used mfp to make sure I was getting enough iron...I was tested and said my counts were low so it was very helpful with that...I got my iron up without iron pills :)
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I set my calories to maintenance when I was pregnant - and yes I went over on some days. But kept my weight gain down to about 25lbs (of which 7lbs 8oz was baby!) and 10 months on most of it has gone again. If you eat healthily and don't go mad, you don't have to gain vast amounts of weight.
    And yes to the iron levels - mine was particularly high apparently (due I suspect to the amount of broccoli and strawberries that we eat in this house :) but you do need to make sure that you keep levels up.
  • kminbr
    Options
    OMG! The past few days I have been STARVING by late afternoon, getting home from work and eating like crazy. I can't keep doing this for 7 months. Any tips?
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Have you had your first prenatal appt yet? I would ask your doctor to give you a calorie goal for each day and then set your MFP goal to that amount. Then you can adjust as you progress in your pregnancy based on your doc's recommendations.

For example, I am TTC and have quite a bit of weight to lose, so I had a conversation with my doc and the office dietitian about what would be a healthy goal for me while still trying to lose.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi I am pregnant, 30 weeks along now. In the first trimester I stayed at maintenance, didn't gain anything. Starting in the second trimester i changed it to gain a half a pound per week. I workout 5 days a week and eat back all those calories and I eat over my calories by 100-200 most days. I have gained about 11 pounds so far, I'm thinking of increasing my settings to gain a pound a week.
  • kminbr
    Options
    Ok, prenatal appt is next week so that's a good tip. And I'll adjust my calories to maintenance. Thanks y'all. Makes me feel better. Just ate lunch and I'm stuffed now!! One extreme to the other!