What are your unhealthy food loves?

Options
For me I cannot stop myself from over-indulging in: Mac n Cheese, other pasta and noodles, gummy snacks, pudding, and Nutella, and this is a drink technically but calorie wise it packs a punch: soda. So I stay away from them, or I try anyway.

How about you?

Replies

• ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I also have trouble with pasta, especially tortellini for some reason--it's so tempting to grab just one more little piece--but tortilla chips are my absolute weakness. I'm trying to be pickier about these so I never waste calories on bad, greasy ones and I've even tried weighing them out ahead of time if we have them in the house, but yeah, it's tough to have them around!

I've grown to prefer diet soda, but if I'm out and see my favorite full calorie soda at a fountain somewhere I'll mix half and half and that often makes me like I've had a taste of it. It's hard to know the precise number of ounces this way though, so I hope I'm not fooling myself!
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily consider them unhealthy because in theory I could portion them out to fit my calories, but... Doritos. I genuinely try not to restrict myself but it's one of those snacks that it's safer to just not keep in the house.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oreos. Have you tried the brownie batter ones? Omnom.
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
    Salted Caramel anything.
    Chocolate anything.

Y'all can have your bread and pasta overload. Pass me that cake!
  • sarah_sarah05
    sarah_sarah05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me I have a hard time not over indulging on breads/carbs (bread, buns, pasta, stuffing)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My unhealthy love was soda and candies (jelly bellies, M&M, jujubes).

We broke up and aren't seeing each other anymore.
  • AprilRj123
    AprilRj123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ice cream
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Booze. Solamente.
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Like the cheap kind with icing sugar and crap mixed in. I literally finished off the last of a tub of it just now, with a spoon :(

Time for a PB break I think.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Soda, so I work a can into my calories most days, or I can see myself binging on them.

Fast food. I really want a #2 animal style with a coke.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Now I want mac n cheese, dang it.

I do miss that. Also tortillas, tortilla chips, all things tortilla. And cornbread.

The things I used to love the most and had the hardest time giving up - candy, ice cream, donuts, that kind of thing - I no longer miss that stuff at all. But I miss cornbread, tortillas, ribs and mac n cheese.

This is a bad thread! It's making me think about eating things I shouldn't, lol. Bad thread! Sit! ;)
  • elga_thres
    elga_thres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake, french fries and white rice..
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bread and pasta. I eat carbs, but I feel sorry for myself when I only get one slice of bread when I actually want 4 and one tiny pile of pasta when I want a giant mountain. Every other serving size looks reasonable to me except these two.

I do okay with fitting chocolate in and I do ok with fitting junk in, those are not the things that blow my calories.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Nutella! I just don't buy it anymore, because it always ends with a spoon. And with 100 cals per spoon...

However, when at someone else's house or restaurant, I'll indulge if it's available, on 1 or 2 toasts.

I do keep some high quality chocolate on hand, and portion it for snacks. But nutella gets me every time.

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to change, like just sitting here I can think of things that maybe I would indulge in if available but nothing is really standing out. In the past it has been Ice cream, I simply cannot keep it in the house because even though I log it, I log alot of it!
    Probably if you held a box of really fresh, warm eclairs up to me. I know I couldn't stop with one so I take none. but i'm gonna say i'd eat 4 if given the chance!!
  • yummypotroast
    yummypotroast Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love almost everything high in carbs and fat, particularly fried potatoes/rice, chocolate, chewy cookies, and cream. >:) I give myself maintenance days every few days so I can properly enjoy them!
  • Faith4eva31
    Faith4eva31 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake oreos, swiss rolls, anything chocolate. I try not to buy these things, but when I do I still track them as normal and try not to go over my limit. I say to myself "If you eat this now, what are you going to do later to burn it off!" This has actually helped because when I know I am not going to workout, most of the time I don't eat it.
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    HARIBO!!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    mac'n'cheese, white bread, chewy fudge brownies. i still eat that stuff now, mind you, but i watch the portions.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love almost everything high in carbs and fat, particularly fried potatoes/rice, chocolate, chewy cookies, and cream. >:) I give myself maintenance days every few days so I can properly enjoy them!

carbs AND fat. they gotta be together, amirite? because i cannot eat 3 lbsof plain baked potatoes, thats for sure.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Are there really BAD foods or just bad AMOUNTS of food? I mean is anything that doesn't kill you a BAD food? to wit:
    "i still eat that stuff now, mind you, but i watch the portions"
    " when I do I still track them as normal and try not to go over my limit"
    "I give myself maintenance days every few days so I can properly enjoy them!"