Boils!

Options
I've been working out a lot in the last three weeks, and (excuse the gross) I have ended up with two boils under my arms! Has anyone else experienced this? Heck, I'm taking two showers a day. I don't know how else I would prevent them...

Replies

• Rachelcosby
    Rachelcosby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple too, not sure why but I think it could be clogged pores. They hurt, sorry that happened, mine went away.
  • tinkie_04
    tinkie_04 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Glad it's not just me.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It's not cause you're dirty. I've seen both clean and non clean people get them.
    Clogged pores maybe.
    To try and reduce them, you could soak in a warm bath of Epsom salt for about two weeks and then massage them a bit hard to see if they pop.
    Some people poke them to drain them. A guy I work with does.
    Or go to a doctor and have them drained.
  • leababy4
    leababy4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've had boils before and so has my partner and three of our kids. If they get really sore you should go to the doctor. They can be drained and antibiotics could be necessary. We use black drawing ointment from the chemist and wash with hospital grade body wash. They are contagious so be careful they don't spread and wash towels, washers etc in hot water. Hope you are feeling better soon :)
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    See doctor to be sure they are not lymph nodes.
  • megcorey
    megcorey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Its somtimes caused by the staph bacteria everyone carries it ,neosporin,or antibotic cream will make them go away ,its also gud for razor burn on the lady parts
  • tinkie_04
    Options
    Thanks everyone. The last one went away. Mom (an RN) is pretty sure it's from all the working out says they're in a spot where my arms rub against shirts while I'm working out and sweating and all that jazz. More reason to pose weight, so my underarms can breathe ;)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Look for tighter fitting clothes. I look for quick drying and not loose shirts.
  • tinkie_04
    Options
    @lizzy622 thanks for the suggestion