Hey there! :3 (warning: big nerd ahead)

Options
PandaFitness24
PandaFitness24 Posts: 7 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!
My name is Amanda and I am a nerd based here in Idaho. I like making costumes and waving fake swords and weapons at my enemies in my spare time. :)

I'm a full time graphic design student and I work 2 part time jobs, so I'm a pretty busy lassy.

I also have a genetic hormonal imbalance called PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome, so maintaining weight loss has always been a struggle for me.

Are there any other geeks or cysters out here? I'd love any advice you can give me on your fitness journey and wouldn't mind making a couple of new friends. :)

Hope all of you are having a great day/night so far. See you later, Space Cowboy...

-Amanda

Replies

• adamnn
    adamnn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the MFP community!

I'm pretty new here too so feel free to add me.

Quick question, do you do like cosplay type of stuff?
  • PandaFitness24
    Options
    Thanks!

Will do! And I do do cosplay stuff. :)
  • adamnn
    adamnn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!

Honestly, part of my motivation is getting fit enough to cosplay as a superhero lol. Kinda dorky I knoww
  • nade0069
    nade0069 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    adamnn wrote: »
    That is so awesome!

Honestly, part of my motivation is getting fit enough to cosplay as a superhero lol. Kinda dorky I knoww

not dorky at all, it is one of my big reasons for trying to get in shape also.
  • PandaFitness24
    Options
    Adamnn: That's awesome! What superhero would you cosplay?

Nade: What cosplay do you wanna do?
  • Chaotic_Panda
    Chaotic_Panda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am also an Amanda nerd, but based in VA!
  • nade0069
    Options

My profile picture is of me as Indiana Jones and my dad as Henry Jones Sr. I have also done Arwin from LotR and Olive from Easy A. My dad, step mom and I are working on a group cosplay for November. My dad will be Walter White, I will be Jesse Pinkman and my step mom will be Saul.

I'm also working on two costumes for the spring/summer. Hoping they will keep me on track during the winter. In May I want to do Sailor Saturn and in July will be Snow White in her wedding dress from OUAT.

• rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, I'm from Idaho (live in California now)! What part do you hail from? Check out this forum: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10241642/geeky-gamer-girl-looking-for-new-friends-to-join-this-epic-and-perilous-journey/p1 This is a great group of people with similar interests.
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    nade0069 wrote: »

My profile picture is of me as Indiana Jones and my dad as Henry Jones Sr. I have also done Arwin from LotR and Olive from Easy A. My dad, step mom and I are working on a group cosplay for November. My dad will be Walter White, I will be Jesse Pinkman and my step mom will be Saul.

I'm also working on two costumes for the spring/summer. Hoping they will keep me on track during the winter. In May I want to do Sailor Saturn and in July will be Snow White in her wedding dress from OUAT.

Seriously, it's on my bucket list to cosplay as a Sailor Scout one day. Want to get in better shape first!
  • nade0069
    Options
    rbratt06 wrote: »
    Seriously, it's on my bucket list to cosplay as a Sailor Scout one day. Want to get in better shape first!

The reason that I have decided to do it in May is that I want to keep on track during the winter and keep losing. I know that if I do not set myself a goal like this, it won't happen.

I have wanted to be a Sailor Scout since I was a kid, lol, it was between Jupitor and Saturn and then I found the perfect wig. It will be great!
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey Feel free to add me!! and yep so part of my bucket list to cosplay Rogue from XMen in her uniform! :)
  • PandaFitness24
    Options
    Hi there! I am also an Amanda nerd, but based in VA!

Amanda nerds are the best kind! I should know
    ;) lol nice to meet you!
  • PandaFitness24
    Options
    nade0069 wrote: »

That's awesome that your parents cosplay with you. Sounds like you got a lot on your plate. Haha
  • PandaFitness24
    Options
    rbratt06 wrote: »
    Woohoo, I'm from Idaho (live in California now)! What part do you hail from? Check out this forum: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10241642/geeky-gamer-girl-looking-for-new-friends-to-join-this-epic-and-perilous-journey/p1 This is a great group of people with similar interests.

I'll have check them out! :) Funny thing is I'm from California orginally. I lived in Santa Cruz. Now I live in Nampa.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Let's just put it like this: if you looked at my picture and it didn't register that I was a nerd, I might worry :smiley:

Let's see, favorite books: probably LOTR for fantasy, Hyperion for scifi. Anime: Yes please, particularly action or comedy. TV show: Babylon 5. Movies: Spirited Away, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog, many others.