Paying attention to those macros!

Options
I guess I need to start doing this ASAP. For the past month or so, I have been up and down the same 2 pounds. While I am very frustrated, I know I don't eat healthy foods. I really hope this helps!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Macros don't affect weight loss (not saying to not try to eat healthily, just saying that isn't your problem).

Looking at your diary, you've got a lot of things that aren't weighed - lots of entries are in things like 1 piece, 1 slice, 1 bun, and lots of cups and tablespoons. Start weighing everything you can, it's a lot more accurate. You may be eating more than you think - this is the most likely culprit.
  • veephil31
    veephil31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do weigh everything I eat. I might not track it like that because I just scan it and make sure that its the same as the label. I weigh my food religiously.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Watching macros didn't help me lose weight faster...
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yes, but pay more attention to the calories
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    veephil31 wrote: »
    I do weigh everything I eat. I might not track it like that because I just scan it and make sure that its the same as the label. I weigh my food religiously.

Fair enough. How much weight loss are you aiming for per week? How are you calculating your exercise calories? How often do you weigh yourself?
  • veephil31
    veephil31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I use a fit but and that tracks my exersices calories, so I don't manually add anything. I was aiming for a 1 pound loss a week, though I admit I
    Smaller than I have been in about 9 years. I'm 5'3, 126 pounds. I'm wondering if my body just hit a weight that it's going to stay at.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    The key for me was finding what amount of calories to eat would actually work. The first few weeks were experimental, for sure. Once I did find the right amount, then the weight started dropping consistently. I added in 2 days of Zumba Gold to my normal activities, and that also made a difference. Just those 2 days pretty much guaranteed I'd lose. When I couldn't go due to working long hours, I had to really watch the eating part of this deal.

You'll find your groove. Just takes some attention.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    What do you have your calories set at? And how much more do you have to lose?
    When you are petite ( I am too) it can become quite hard to lose those last few pounds as your calorie level can quite often be close to, or at, the MFP recommended minimum.

Extremely tight logging of both food and exercise is needed. If there is anywhere you think your tracker is being over generous, don't eat those cals back. And if you are omitting drinks, dressings, oils, tastes while prepping etc, start logging them.
    The last few pounds are always the hardest.

Cheers, h.