Stroller Strides

Options
Hi everyone! I am new here (second day) and I love it so far! I do Stroller Strides as my exercise. It is a combination of cardio and strength training. Does anyone know how many calories it burns per hour? I wanted to add it to the database, but I have no idea about the calories and did not want to mislead anyone should they pick it out of the database. If nobody has already researched this, I will ask my instructor. Thanks all!

Replies

• Achlys101
    Achlys101 Posts: 44
    Options
    Its all based on your own body and that what makes the database on here so misleading. Sometimes its way off and sometimes its right on. I don't think there is a base cal per hour rate that you can stick onto any exercise but if you do figure it out let me know so I can try that for my biggest loser workouts.
  • Beatlegirl910
    Options
    Hi there. I'm not sure if this will help you figure yours out, but my instructor told me these rough estimates for the type of workout that Stroller Strides is. For anyone interested, Stroller Strides is a workout for moms with children in strollers. Each class is 60 minutes and it's a combination of cardio (brisk walking, some jogging and other cardio exercises) and strength training (using resistance bands). Depending on intensity, the average mom can burn between 300 and 400 calories for each of these 30 minute segments. I'll add it to the database. Happy exercising!
  • lanegringa
    Options
    When I do a mixture of cardio and strength training (like the 30 day shred or biggest loser dvds), I log it as circuit training because that's what it's considered. Hope that helps!