THE NEW PUMPKIN SPICE QUEST BARS ARE SO BAD!!!

Options
The reformulated Quest Bars are all pretty bad, but this one is terrible. Such a shame to see such a reputable company go downhill like this. Higher calories, higher fat, higher carbs, lower fiber, GMO corn fiber, artificial sweeteners AND palm oil. Don't waste your money.

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I kind of liked it o.o
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    .... Did you try microwaving them?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I tried microwaving half of it for the sake of tradition and I really liked it, but it was incredibly messy (considering it's coated in what I believe to be white chocolate) so I probably won't do it again nor suggest it.

I don't rely on them to fill my nutritional goal by any means though, just a replacement for another snack I was about to have that had even more chemicals and sugar :3
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    The reformulated Quest Bars are all pretty bad, but this one is terrible. Such a shame to see such a reputable company go downhill like this. Higher calories, higher fat, higher carbs, lower fiber, GMO corn fiber, artificial sweeteners AND palm oil. Don't waste your money.

^^JW, why did you waste your money?

• Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I tried a sample last week at a Vitamin Shoppe near me. I concur that it was quite sweet, even for me. I still don't think these bars are worth the money though.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    i hate all of the ones with sucralose and corn fiber yucky texture and flavor.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    If you rely on companies to fill your daily nutritional goal, then you are a stupid human being.

Plain and simple.

What do you rely on to fill your daily nutritional goal?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    If you rely on companies to fill your daily nutritional goal, then you are a stupid human being.

Plain and simple.

He must grow all of his own food. Although, I believe he works for a company that provides nutritional value, so...
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I like them too! Not bad. Not the best. Good for supplementing when needed.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

well i am a stupid human being then, because I use all bran cereal to meet my fiber goals.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    love quest bars but hate everything pumpkin. so i won't be wasting my money on those
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    love quest bars but hate everything pumpkin. so i won't be wasting my money on those
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    So far the only flavor from the new formula that I haven't liked was the Strawberry Cheesecake. But I was never a huge fan of that one.. just kind of tolerated it. I don't like pumpkin anything so I won't be trying the new one.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    glad i didn't buy an entire box, but i still think they're pretty good
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    That's what you get for being suckered by the pumpkin spice hype ;)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

Mainly a variety whole, minimally processed foods that are rich in nutrients which fit my macros.

I was not intending to direct my initial comment toward OP. Apologies if that is how it was taken...

It was merely a statement concerning those who rely on plastic wrapped foods and microwave meals every single day of their lives to meet their macros and calorie goal. I am a firm believer that this crowd needs to re-learn how to eat.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Plain and simple.

Mainly a variety whole, minimally processed foods that are rich in nutrients which fit my macros.

I was not intending to direct my initial comment toward OP. Apologies if that is how it was taken...

It was merely a statement concerning those who rely on plastic wrapped foods and microwave meals every single day of their lives to meet their macros and calorie goal. I am a firm believer that this crowd needs to re-learn how to eat.

Seems an odd time to voice such a concern since that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread *shrug*

But if we're just throwing out random concerns, I'm a bit worried that the Cubs rotation (Arrieta aside) may not be strong enough to get past the Cardinals.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Which flavors are "re-formulated" ?

I'm curious about this, too. Lately, I haven't enjoyed my quest bars as much and thought maybe I was just tired of them, but have they actually changed them? What a shame!

OP, I totally agree about the pumpkin flavor! My hopes were high, but Blechh and way too sweet. I am so glad I didn't buy the whole box.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

Your diary is locked. We can't see how to properly eat.