I need a virtual slap

Options
This is my second weigh in (so week 2 of healthy me), last week I lost 6lbs which I know was probably just water and this week I have lost 2lb...

..why don't I feel pleased with my loss? I know its what I am supposed to lose so why do I feel like it should be more!?!?!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Human nature!! We all want the quick fix, and we are subjected to so many TV shows, advertisements, magazine articles etc that promise "lose weight fast".

Truly, you are losing weight fast, keep up the good work and you'll get there.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of smart weight loss - hard work and lasting results. We live in a world where instant gratification is the norm. You don't need a virtual slap. You need a pat on the back. You are doing it right and you're doing it well. Keep up the good work!
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    *cyber slap*......jk haha :)

It's probably cuz u saw a huge drop at first..don't worry :) your doing well just don't expect big numbers...just stay happy and positive your still losing weight anyways :)

Best of luck to u
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    4lb a week average loss, thats pretty good in anyones eyes, but your own!!

Youre doing brilliantly, keep it up, and SMILE!!
  • Joyous7000
    Joyous7000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's something to do with the momentum of losing 6 lbs. first and then it seems like you are going backwards because you 'only' lost 2 lbs this week.
    You are probably right about the first week being water. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and btw I believe we lose that water because when we eat/drink better our bodies tend to let go of that stored water. It's not worried about needing it anymore.
    No virtual slap here. Just keep going!
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I completely understand you.

But look at it from the bright side, losing 2 pounds per week is classified as healthy,which is good. And also, if you lose it at this rate, you're less likely to have extra skin?? If you lose weight quickly you'll most likely have that (think gastric bypass).

You WILL get there, but it takes time.

Think of it like this, wouldn't you probably be gaining now if you weren't doing this? That's what I think about,because I definitely would be if I wasn't doing this,

Big virtual hug:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    Totally with you Tasha ... I was gutted that I only lost 0.8 lb this week - not even a whole pound?! And after doing everything right, eating right, exercising loads .... But I have lost 10lb in total over about 4 weeks .... I know it's the healthy way to do it, but who doesn't get excited when they see a big loss on the scales!

We just have to keep reminding ourselves ... slow and steady wins the race :)