Biking question!

Options
I am going on a bike ride today for the 1st time in over 20 years, i am going to visit my mum in the nxt village but i can either go the coastal path which i usually walk but its a bit lumpy and bumpy with stones, or i can go on the normal smooth road but i am not keen on this because ive never been on a bike with gears! i would hate to get half way and have to just push the bike because i will feel like i have failed in my mission today!:happy:

Replies

• sarahludolph
    Options
    Today is about getting back into the biking game, do whichever, but I'm guessing you'll have a better time figuring out the gears versus the rough path :) Enjoy!
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    What type of bike do you have? I'd skip the rocky path if you have thin tyres!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Just getting back on your bike is an achievement. If you are not used to gears I would suggest the smooth road as it maybe easier to change them
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    id take the coastal path, took me a while 2 get my head around the gears lol:smile:
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    thanx for the advice, still undecided lol!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Maybe try one route there and the other back?
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Your bum is going to be sore sore sore... so I suggest the flat path - more bumps will make it worse...
  • Leigh_mc
    Leigh_mc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    depends how rocky this path is, alot of bumpy roads you dont even notice on a bike to be honest, but i would say take the smooth road get used to the gears, when starting maybe keep the mid gear in 2 and the back in about 5-7 should be easy for your to cycle hill or flat and also give you time to play with them a bit maybe
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i did it, took the coastal path, it was hard work but i really enjoyed the downhill bits! Will def b doing that more often and build up my speed, was quite slow up hill! lol :bigsmile:
  • Leigh_mc
    Leigh_mc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's Brilliant! glad you enjoyed it, and it doesnt matter if you go slow up the hills so long as you keep going! hopefully i will be cycling to work tomorrow weather permitting!!!!