Options
valbar61
valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
Looking for ideas to use the Strained Greek Yogurt besides mixing with fruit

Replies

• kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ground flax seed, truvia, and vanilla almond granola from walmart. my favorite!! also, you can make savory spreads and dips with it. and you can make those picnic-y salads with it instead of mayonnaise, like potato salad and stuff. just google greeek yogurt recipes and you'll get a ton!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki sauce, so good on so many things. And really pretty easy to make.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    staying tuned
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki sauce, so good on so many things. And really pretty easy to make.

mmm love love
  • efrein
    efrein Posts: 2
    Options
    I use it in my chilli instead of Sour Cream! I use the 2% or Total Fage Greek Yogurt! So good!
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I mix it with cumin, tumeric, chilli powder, paprika and other spices or use a generic tandoori spice mix to marinate chicken in. Great for skewers!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for making cheesecake from vanilla flavored yogurt. You can't tell the difference in taste and much healthier for you.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I heard some guy saying you can flavor it with spices and hang it in cheesecloth in the fridge and make your own laughing cow type cheese. I haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting and probably delicious. You could make any flavor of cheese you want!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I use it place of sour cream or mayo in most recipes. I mix it with fruit and use it in place of cream cheese on a bagel or a waffle.
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I put one cup of it with 2 chilis in adobo sauce in the food processor and make a healthy chipotle "mayo" for fish tacos!
  • shuttlebug1
    shuttlebug1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I mix it with V-8 or tomato juice to make a savory smoothie.
  • sarahludolph
    Options
    I use it in place of sour cream, or add a teaspoon of honey & eat it :)
  • Steph62002
    Steph62002 Posts: 91
    Options
    I make a really good smoothie using plain greek yogurt (Fage or Chobani 0%).

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use EAS)
    2-3 tbsp plain 0% greek yogurt
    1 tsp (or no more than 1 tbsp) of almond or sun butter
    6 frozen banana slices
    5-6 oz of water

Blend and enjoy!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    - Mix in some Balsamic Vinegar and Crushed Black Pepper and dip in some veggies or even Strawberries.
    - Mix with Horseradish, Lemon Juice, and Pepper for a tasty marinade for chicken
    - Make yourself some cranachan: Throw some steel-cut oats on a baking tray and bake at 300 degrees until brown. Stir Honey and Scotch into the yogurt. Layer the yogurt in a glass with Raspberries and top with the oatmeal.
    - Drizzle Honey and sprinkle some Hazelnuts for a tasty dessert.
    - Use as a replacement for Mayonnaise in most recipes.

Enjoy.
    -wtk