Anyone do 30 day squat challange?

Options
Do you have pics of results. Interested in trying but not sure it is a good idea to do the same exercise consecutive days in a row without rest.

Replies

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    bodyweight squats are not strenuous enough to require rest days. If you were doing weighted squats then you should rest at least a day between sessions but you're fine doing a squat challenge 30 days or 300 days in a row.
  • fattgrlneeds2bthin
    fattgrlneeds2bthin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    bodyweight squats are not strenuous enough to require rest days. If you were doing weighted squats then you should rest at least a day between sessions but you're fine doing a squat challenge 30 days or 300 days in a row.

• fattgrlneeds2bthin
    Options
    Than you I just didn't want to hinder progress, I am very out of shape complete beginner so I thought I would start with body weight exercises first then trainer to help ensure proper form.
  • scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You do need a complete rest day in there per week I would say but depends on what you are looking to achieve. I squat 2 days running, then reverse lunges, then repeat and then a days rest, So training 6 days a week. You want something to grow? It needs MPS stimulated. So instead of throwing a whole sessions volume (21 sets as an eg) into legs. Do the same over 3 days. Can't find the link to recent research on this, will drop it here if I find t.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Than you I just didn't want to hinder progress, I am very out of shape complete beginner so I thought I would start with body weight exercises first then trainer to help ensure proper form.

Can you walk up a flight of stairs? You do that 1 leg at a time. A squat is with 2 legs, therefore lifting half the weight. If you can climb a flight of stairs you can do squats every day even as a beginner.

As for picture results over 30 days. With just a squat challenge (and most exercise in general) your diet over those 30 days is going to have a much bigger impact than whatever exercise you are doing.
  • scottwilson16
    scottwilson16 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Sorry, didn't see this additional detail before I posted.

I would definitely do this, work on form and squat variations, even things like front squats holding something light (kettle bell style goblet squats) I would also work on stretching and flexibility so that when it comes to adding some weight to a bar you are in tip top shape when it comes to it.

Enjoy the journey! Before you know it you will be loving it!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    There are some out there that have rest days included
  • fattgrlneeds2bthin
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • miles0213
    miles0213 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm on day ten. My challenge includes rest days.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I started it but have to be careful with my knees and when they started complaining too much, I stopped.

I was doing this one, which included rest days: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-28-day-squat-challenge-youll-want-to-start-now/
  • julescba04
    julescba04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed 30 day squats. Easy easy. Am not doing intermediate squats and an arm challenage now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've seen those before and after pictures from the 30 day squat challenge.

Pretty hard to believe :huh: