THE NEW PUMPKIN SPICE QUEST BARS ARE SO BAD!!!

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    If you rely on companies to fill your daily nutritional goal, then you are a stupid human being.

Plain and simple.

What do you rely on to fill your daily nutritional goal?

Mainly a variety whole, minimally processed foods that are rich in nutrients which fit my macros.

I was not intending to direct my initial comment toward OP. Apologies if that is how it was taken...

It was merely a statement concerning those who rely on plastic wrapped foods and microwave meals every single day of their lives to meet their macros and calorie goal. I am a firm believer that this crowd needs to re-learn how to eat.

I miss the ignore user function.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If you rely on companies to fill your daily nutritional goal, then you are a stupid human being.

Plain and simple.

Mainly a variety whole, minimally processed foods that are rich in nutrients which fit my macros.

I was not intending to direct my initial comment toward OP. Apologies if that is how it was taken...

It was merely a statement concerning those who rely on plastic wrapped foods and microwave meals every single day of their lives to meet their macros and calorie goal. I am a firm believer that this crowd needs to re-learn how to eat.

Those foods are all produced by companies. So are you lumping yourself in with all the other stupid human beings who don't live a strict subsistence lifestyle?
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I also thought the pumpkin Quest bars were very disappointing. I was really hoping they would be good!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    All of the flavors are reformulated.

I do believe that any person making a choice within the context of a busy life as a matter of convenience, preference, or what have you does not preclude them from having the ability to know how to eat.

Context and balance. I think a certain poster here could remind himself that one food in an entire day doesn't sentence someone's whole diet to processed food hell.

Saying that? I'm switching to B-Up bars for when I need something quick on the go. They have both protein and recovery bars (a nice split between carbs and protein in these). I just can't handle the aftertaste in the new Quest formula, and the corn fiber leaves me feeling nauseated.

It's funny, I thought that Quest's Mint Chocolate Chunk flavor had an aftertaste and didn't realize the corn fiber was the problem all along.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh I thought it was good. I don't really like the new formula but I liked this bar a lot. Poor Quest. Too bad they changed that formula...CCCD tastes sad now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The reformulated Quest Bars are all pretty bad, but this one is terrible. Such a shame to see such a reputable company go downhill like this. Higher calories, higher fat, higher carbs, lower fiber, GMO corn fiber, artificial sweeteners AND palm oil. Don't waste your money.

Send them to me. I think they're pretty good.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Plain and simple.

TIL that nutrient rich, minimally processed foods and not, in fact, grown, transported, and shipped to my local grocer by "companies"
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    They are ok not great. I can taste what resembles a graham cracker crust, although most pp is made with a flour crust. But I would never guess they were "pumpkin" flavor.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »

Plain and simple.

Seems an odd time to voice such a concern since that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread *shrug*

But if we're just throwing out random concerns, I'm a bit worried that the Cubs rotation (Arrieta aside) may not be strong enough to get past the Cardinals.

Jon Lester. Battle tested, plays well in October.

I certainly hope so!! That's what they got him for!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Plain and simple.

Seems an odd time to voice such a concern since that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread *shrug*

But if we're just throwing out random concerns, I'm a bit worried that the Cubs rotation (Arrieta aside) may not be strong enough to get past the Cardinals.

I'm concerned with the current state of rabbit farts. This year's numbers are woefully low.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    projectsix wrote: »
    Which flavors are "re-formulated" ?

I'm curious about this, too. Lately, I haven't enjoyed my quest bars as much and thought maybe I was just tired of them, but have they actually changed them? What a shame!

OP, I totally agree about the pumpkin flavor! My hopes were high, but Blechh and way too sweet. I am so glad I didn't buy the whole box.

ALL OF THEM NOW HAVE YUCKY SOLUBLE CORN FIBER AND SUCRALOSE. That is why they are so gross search "quest bar formula change" on here to read all about or just look at their facebook page where everyone is complaining.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

I do believe that any person making a choice within the context of a busy life as a matter of convenience, preference, or what have you does not preclude them from having the ability to know how to eat.

Context and balance. I think a certain poster here could remind himself that one food in an entire day doesn't sentence someone's whole diet to processed food hell.

Saying that? I'm switching to B-Up bars for when I need something quick on the go. They have both protein and recovery bars (a nice split between carbs and protein in these). I just can't handle the aftertaste in the new Quest formula, and the corn fiber leaves me feeling nauseated.

It's funny, I thought that Quest's Mint Chocolate Chunk flavor had an aftertaste and didn't realize the corn fiber was the problem all along.

SAME! I Never liked the mint or the smores much. I thought they both had weird aftertaste and texture.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

Have you ever tried Krush Bars? Similar macros and great taste (and better ingredients)! :D

I wish I could find these! They are unavailable on their website and amazon :(.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

Plain and simple.

Your diary is locked. We can't see how to properly eat.

This.

The Pumpkin flavor is alright, but definitely won't be buying another box.

Now the Combat Crunch Birthday Cake in the microwave=yum!