Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Thoughts please!

I hit my target weight of 9st 2lb over a year ago hun but i have put back on a stoneover the last 16 mths.So i went to docs cos i was worried and he says everybodys body is different and your body will decide the weight it needs to be to sustain your lifestyle so im wondering now if he is right as no matter what i do i cant seem to lose any.I may put on a few pounds then i get it back off but i just cant get below 10st 7lb,doctor said its cos of all the weight lifting ect i do and all the classes i do are strength training except for zumba !!So just thinking now maybe he is right n i should stop killing myself trying to get it back off!!Would love to hear if anyone else has had the same problem,i did do a bbc tv health check and it said i was a healthy weight!My waist is a 27inch and im in a size 8-10 depending on shape on hips as i still have excess skin around my hips!Just would love to hear anyone thoughts and or advise please as its now doing my head in!!Im so obbsessed with it!!That im working out about 3 hours a day at least 4 days a week!

Replies

• Just want to add the doctor wasnt happy with my lowest weight,he said i was too skinny and bordering annorxic tendencys (which i did know just wouldnt admit) and says he is much happier with me at this weight!I
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    I think the most important question is how do YOU feel at this weight?

It sounds like a great weight to me....but you didn't mention how tall you are?

:flowerforyou:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    i find it hard as well to get under the 10st mark, seem to stabalize at around 10st 3, not sure whether to stick with this , as am going ribby on top half, i think i need 2 concentrate more on toning side as i am pretty happy with how i look would just prefer to loose a few more pounds, but mine seems to prefer to come off in inches:smile:
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Hi hun i know eaxctly how you feel. I too got to my target weight 13 months ago and since then i put a stone back on. ive managed to loose 6 lbs of that but cant seem to go any lower. Having said that, my hubby pointed out that since i have been doing a lot of weight training i probably have a lot more muscle than i had 13 months ago so i decided to measure myself and i was exactly the same measurements as i was then, just 6lb heavier so he may be right.
  • Hi hun i know eaxctly how you feel. I too got to my target weight 13 months ago and since then i put a stone back on. ive managed to loose 6 lbs of that but cant seem to go any lower. Having said that, my hubby pointed out that since i have been doing a lot of weight training i probably have a lot more muscle than i had 13 months ago so i decided to measure myself and i was exactly the same measurements as i was then, just 6lb heavier so he may be right.
    I am the same measurements but have gone up one size......which is weird!!!!My hubby said the same as yours and that when i was at my lowest i looked gaunt and he couldnt cuddle me properly as it used to hurt me as i was boney!
  • I think the most important question is how do YOU feel at this weight?

It sounds like a great weight to me....but you didn't mention how tall you are?

:flowerforyou:
    This is my problem i feel so fat!!I try to lisetn to everyone else but all i see when i look in the mirror is fat!! I think i have a problem in that sense that a lot of women have and men!!Im 5ft 4 hun x and in some places where ya dont put ya wist measurements wrist measurements hip ect in im actually overweight!!!I told doctor this n he said it was all crap and went on averages and everybodys body was different we were not all meant to be the same weight ect ect
  • Also my husband pointed out yesterday he thinks if i could have all the excess skin removed id be happy with my size and weight!!I do remember my kids taeqwondo instructor telling me she weighed almost 11 st but you wouldnt have thought it looking at her as she was so slim she said it was the training she did ect she was the british champion at the time!!