27yr in search of motivated friends :)

Options
jessicafetter
jessicafetter Posts: 11 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi!

My name is Jessica and I am 27 years old. I work full time and I am enrolled in college part time. I have been overweight my entire life and I really want to lose weight and feel beautiful (and be healthy!) Before it gets even harder to do so.

I weighed 261lbs at my heaviest and 195lbs at my lightest. I currently weigh in at 215lbs.

I have been attempting to recruit some of my current friends to join me in this journey to lose weight and get healthy but no one seems interested. Seeing other people's success really helps motivate me. Especially when they have a similar lifestyle. It makes me think, well they found time to do it, why not me? I was hoping to find a few friends through here around my same age with a similar lifestyle. Seeing you post your hard work and weight loss success on your news feed would help motivate me! Maybe you can share your secrets for success too. :)

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica! :]

I hope MFP is useful for you. There is so much support on offer here so don't be afraid to reach out!

Best of luck and stay strong! :)
  • jessicafetter
    Options
    Thank you! I have had MFP for a while and I used it a lot abour two years ago. I just need help getting back into it... :)
  • mlabelle33
    mlabelle33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • mlabelle33
    mlabelle33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oops hi Jessica. Let me know if you'd like to add as friend's so we can support each other. I too am 211 so I am close to ypur weight. I am a mom and wife also. I'd like to get back into it as well. Take care for now

for now
  • jessicafetter
    Options
    mlabelle33 wrote: »
    Oops hi Jessica. Let me know if you'd like to add as friend's so we can support each other. I too am 211 so I am close to ypur weight. I am a mom and wife also. I'd like to get back into it as well. Take care for now

for now

Hi mlabelle33,

I sent you a friend request.
  • aferr12
    aferr12 Posts: 27 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi Jessica! There's no secret to weight loss really. It's all about calories in and calories out. That's why we're all here : ) I used to not want to count calories and would make up rules for myself so that I could cut down my calories, such as "only salads for lunch." Those rules are fine, but don't work for everyone. I feel that they're too restrictive and make me feel deprived. Coming on here has saved my life. Because I'm more aware of how many calories I'm eating, I try to stretch them out as much as possible so that I can eat a lot throughout the day. I don't fight my love of food, I embrace it. I still eat real food and sometimes junk (not suggesting most of your calories should come from fattening food though). I also go on my bike to make some extra room for food or to burn calories if I accidentally overate and try to do a little strength training. You don't need to exercise like crazy. I started my journey Aug. 2nd and have lost 13 pounds! I know there is no going back and unlike the other diets I've tried, this is the most sustainable. You can do this too! Good luck.
  • jessicafetter
    Options
    aferr12 wrote: »
    Hi Jessica! There's no secret to weight loss really. It's all about calories in and calories out. That's why we're all here : ) I used to not want to count calories and would make up rules for myself so that I could cut down my calories, such as "only salads for lunch." Those rules are fine, but don't work for everyone. I feel that they're too restrictive and make me feel deprived. Coming on here has saved my life. Because I'm more aware of how many calories I'm eating, I try to stretch them out as much as possible so that I can eat a lot throughout the day. I don't fight my love of food, I embrace it. I still eat real food and sometimes junk (not suggesting most of your calories should come from fattening food though). I also go on my bike to make some extr room for food or to burn calories if I accidentally overate and try to do a little strength training. You don't need to exercise like crazy. I started my journey Aug. 2nd and have lost 13 pounds! I know there is no going back and unlike the other diets I've tried, this is the most sustainable. You can do this too! Good luck.

Thank you so much! MFP helped me greatly about two years ago. I counted calories and exercised and I lost 55lbs in about 6 months. However, things in my life got changed around and I have been struggling with some depression since then. I have been trying to get back on the MFP band wagon for about a year now. I am hoping some friendly motivation will help. :)
  • heychelsea88
    heychelsea88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I added you!
  • VivaPirata
    VivaPirata Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ive added you!
  • monus1980
    monus1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also same like you dear.need some friends