5'7" and 57 yes old, first post

Options
I have just read a number of the stories and am finding inspiration! Way to go for all of you who have stuck with it.

My story only started 3.5 yrs ago. Before that, I was thin!! While I went through menopause early (42-44), I didn't really starting gaining until I had a car accident. I healed relatively quickly, but slowed down. Then 2 yrs ago my husband was very I'll and he spent a month in the hospital and lost part of his lung. At the same time, I lost my father to Alzheimer's. The stress and depression were handled with poor nutrition, fast food, and a lot of sugar. Oh, I was also a smoker until September of last year. I am now a non-smoker. In that 3.5 years, I gained 37 lbs of FAT.

Approximately 75 days ago I started learning and and started logging 15 days later. Logging everything, religiously! I weighed in at 187 before starting and am now at 166. I have been using the treadmill for the past month and that has made a huge difference. I would like to lose another 15 lbs. No pictures... didn't even think zof taking measurements until today. I was so disappointed. Those measurements have sparked me to get even more serious.

With the holidays right around the corner... I think we will all need support.

Thanks for listening :)

Replies

• b646
    b646 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I am really impressed with your persistence.
  • janetblean
    janetblean Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'm enjoying the new me
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great start! Keep at it and you must take pictures (& measurements) for future reference :-) they are really motivating.

Here's to your journey!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • SeriousPC
    SeriousPC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you are well on your way!! :smile:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is a total inspiration to read your post. Awesome accomplishment!!!! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!