Looking for motivating friends with similar goals! 5'6, 176 looking to get down to 135!

Options
Hi there! I've been on MFP on and off for several years, that being said I've gained and lost weight on this journey! Last spring I was down 35 lbs and so close to my goal weight and managed to put it all back on! I've finally gotten back on track and I'm down 12lbs since Sept 1st...Looking for motivating friends to help keep each other on track! Similar goals would be a plus! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• miles0213
    miles0213 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 179 as of right now. My goal weight is 120-135lbs. I've lost 40 pounds in a little under 4 months. Still have a long way to go though :/
  • ursoco86
    ursoco86 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm 5'6 and August I was 189lbs been working on 11lbs loss a month, it's lots of hard work but is working I am as of this morning 167lbs my goal is 135, I don't think I have been that weight since I was 10 so I am determined... I am looking for fitness people to chat to and motivate each other :)
  • tiarabogan1
    tiarabogan1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 5'6 200 lbs...I've struggled with my weight. ..it goes up and down
    ..so now I'm 32 and I've recently gained weight and I want to lose 50lbs before 2016..
    let's get it ladies. ..
  • annz_sis
    annz_sis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Am 5.6,189 lbs and looking at in between 150-160lbs.l am a broad Athletic frame with pretty heavy bone weight.So I know this would be an ideal weight for me.Last year same time I was 168lbs.I was almost there at my target,when stopped abruptly because of back issues and wasn't really working out much there after.Reached 197 this August, when it hit me again and slowly and steadily I started again. Have managed to loose about 8 lbs since then.I am targeting at reaching my goal (of 150lb)by 31st May next year.It may be a slow progress but I want to be consistent rather than just giving up and do nothing as I did in this last 1 year.
  • Vixyb_
    Vixyb_ Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5.6 and lost 17lbs and got another 14lbs to go if I can get that far! I'm around 149 lbs now so we have very similar goals xxx
  • LiolaLee
    LiolaLee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there...signed up to this app a couple of days back and am just starting to find my way here. My weight has fluctuated over the years. I went up to 12 st 6 and have now dropped to 11st 11lb. I am only 5ft 2" so need to reduce to a healthy weight. My final target weight is 9 st 10lb. I plan to reduce by 7/8 lbs a month which is definitely doable. Really need some encouragement as no longer wish to be over weight!! This seems like a good app and I have heard good things about it!
  • Milabella
    Milabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'7 1/2". My goal is to get down to 145lbs in 5 months, then reevaluate at that time. Been a member for years, but new to the community. Been logging consistently for the past month. Happy to offer support!
  • ChristinaOaks
    ChristinaOaks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Very similar. I'm 5'7", started right around 170. I'm at 160 now and also have a goal weight of 135. Let's do this!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    ursoco86 wrote: »
    Heya, I'm 5'6 and August I was 189lbs been working on 11lbs loss a month, it's lots of hard work but is working I am as of this morning 167lbs my goal is 135, I don't think I have been that weight since I was 10 so I am determined... I am looking for fitness people to chat to and motivate each other :)

5'6 and 167 here! Woohoo! Jan 1 2015 I was 200.
  • maryethompson
    maryethompson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 5'6 200 lbs...I've struggled with my weight. ..it goes up and down
    ..so now I'm 32 and I've recently gained weight and I want to lose 50lbs before 2016..
    let's get it ladies. ..

• maryethompson
    maryethompson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm new to this app & it's been a real eye opener to actually keep track of what I eat. I'm 49 yrs old, started a week ago at 165 & I'm 5'5. My target weight is around 145. I have always taken care of other people first & now it's my time dammit!! No more excuses!! I've started a boot camp a week ago & I'm kicking it!! Would love to have other motivaters!! We can do this!!
  • wajk182
    wajk182 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am pretty new to MFP and have been struggling with my weight for quite some time now so I thought it was time to take a step forward! I am 5'6 and a 165 pounds looking to get down to 125-130 pounds! It's always been difficult for me so I thought I would brave the community boards. Looking forward to the journey, but more to the destination ;) lol
  • BudgyBird75
    BudgyBird75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, my goal is 130. I have about 25 pounds to go :) Just added you.