Replies

• miles0213
    miles0213 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • oearl20
    oearl20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your gonna have a wonderful shape. You already do in fact.
  • miles0213
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • katebay123
    katebay123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look wonderful!
  • Bettyboop61mfp
    Bettyboop61mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's posts like yours that make me determine to succeed - well done
  • miles0213
    Options
    Awww thank you so much! I have such a long way to go.
  • ajgordo150
    ajgordo150 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good job,what did you eat
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up girl :)
  • miles0213
    Options
    Thanks sooo much!
  • loseweightleslielove
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference! Great job!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    miles0213 wrote: »
    Thank you. I eat around 900 calories a day. Some say it's too low but it works the best for me. I never feel like I'm starving myself.

There is a big difference in your photos, it's clear you've put in a huge effort! Just be aware that 900 calories is under the advised 1200 calories for women. It's advised for a reason. It's difficult to get the nutrients required for health on that amount. I hope you're at least eating back your exercise calories. Are you weighing everything you eat? I find it hard to believe you're feeling satisfied on 900 calories with the amount of exercise you're doing. I hope you are eating more! Just be aware that it's also against MFP guidelines to promote VLCD (very low calorie diets) so don't be surprised if this gets flagged at some point.

While it is satisfying to see results quickly, eating so little and losing so rapidly (more than 2lbs a week) makes it very likely that you're losing more lean muscle than you strictly have to. This will impact how you look at the end (e.g. flabby instead of 'toned') and also doesn't give your skin time to catch up. It may be worth re-considering your approach for the rest of your loss. 900 calories a day is very difficult to sustain over a long period of time and can also have a detrimental impact on your organs. It also doesn't lend itself to an easy transition to maintaining your goal weight and can lead to re-gaining the weight back. Slow and steady can be the wiser way to go in the long term.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great! It's a huge difference. You are an inspiration. Seems that you and I have a similar story. I started at 227 lbs. (don't have any pictures) and am now the same weight as you: 179 lbs. I've been eating right and losing for 5 1/2 months. I'm not 1/2 yet (another 3 lbs. to get 1/2 way). It's slow weight loss, but I feel great and I don't feel pressured about losing.
  • miles0213
    Options
    That's awesome! What's your height and goal weight??

And thank you for the advice. I am no way promoting 900 calories a day.
  • taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Girl! Look at that waist! Big difference. Bravo!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 120 lbs. I eat at least 1300 calories a day and don't worry about it if it's a couple hundred over. I don't binge and don't really want to. I keep losing slowly, but surely.
  • miles0213
    Options
    Girl! Look at that waist! Big difference. Bravo!
    Thank you!
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 120 lbs. I eat at least 1300 calories a day and don't worry about it if it's a couple hundred over. I don't binge and don't really want to. I keep losing slowly, but surely.
    that's fantastic! Keep it up:)

• crsheilah
    crsheilah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Very noticeable, keep up the good work.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • miles0213
    Options
    Thanks!!!:)
  • mskkmail
    mskkmail Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! Definitely noticeable :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!