Anti-Depressants.

Options
Hello, I was wondering if anybody was on the Anti-Depressant, Citalopram ?

I've only been taking them two days and i feel so so sick almost like i've been punched in the stomach. Anybody else react this way ?

Hope you're well. x

Replies

• bridetobe310711
    Options
    i am on this... what dose are you on...?
    i experienced a little sickness but it passed
    x
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, i started citalopram in january 2010, started at 10mg then upped to 40mg within 3 months. i did feel a little sick at first but once my body was used to it i felt fine. Started coming off them in november 2010 which took 3 months and was a nighmare, the side effects were horrendous. Been free of citalopram now for 5 months and everything fine.
  • julia23
    julia23 Posts: 87
    Options
    20mg, 1 a day. It woke me up last night feels like extreme hunger. She did mention i may get a symptom in the first week but i think i might throw up!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    It made me feel so nauseous that I stopped taking it.
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    i am on 40mg... it can be tough on your body first 2 weeks but it will pass and you will feel better :) x
  • julia23
    julia23 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'll try to distract myself, thank you very much for your input glad i'm not the only one to have felt this sick.
  • sarahchewings
    sarahchewings Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on 20 mg, and I felt horrendous for the first 2 weeks, but it has settled down. Been on them for 4 months now, however I find the weight loss has been hard as a result of the meds and everything else besides.
  • Kirstyvox
    Kirstyvox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Citalopram gave me insomnia, I'd wake up between 3 or 4 every night. My doctor told me it should stop once my body got used to it, but after almost 2 months of it I took myself off them as it just wasn't worth it, I felt terrible in the morning due to not sleeping properly.

I also remember it making me sweat all the time.

Hopefully the side effects you're experiencing will pass within a week or two. :)
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    Citalopram gave me insomnia, I'd wake up between 3 or 4 every night. My doctor told me it should stop once my body got used to it, but after almost 2 months of it I took myself off them as it just wasn't worth it, I felt terrible in the morning due to not sleeping properly.

Hopefully the side effects you're experiencing will pass within a week or two. :)

i was like that for a couple of months...been on them for nearly 2 years now and i dont experience any side effects now
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Citalopram was not for me.. Many were not. I am now on 300mg of Wellbutrin for the depression. Lets not forget the Lithium for Bipolar and the MASS amounts of Antihistamines for a Dermotographism (the Skin Writing Disease).

I do have a point :)

I have been fighting with medications my entire life, each carry their own side effects. What works for one does not necessarily have the same effects for another.

With side effects, if they are tolerable (IE nausea) deal with it for a week. After which you should consult your doctor and request an adjustment or change.

Good Luck
  • Kirstyvox
    Kirstyvox Posts: 13 Member
    Options

i was like that for a couple of months...been on them for nearly 2 years now and i dont experience any side effects now

I probably should have stuck with them a bit longer then. I've been off anti-depressants for a while, but they definitely helped.